Is McDonald's under-rated as a bike stop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Every time I see this thread in the index, I read it as "Is McDonald's under-rated as a bike shop?and I wonder what a McBike would look like....

Cheap

Reactions: mjr

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Every time I see this thread in the index, I read it as “ Is McDonald's under-rated as a bike shop?” and I wonder what a McBike would look like....

748812424_0a936205b1.jpg
McBike @ Mr. Visserplein - Amsterdam (Netherlands)[/url] by Perry Tak, on Flickr[/IMG] 748812424_0a936205b1.jpg McBike @ Mr. Visserplein - Amsterdam (Netherlands) by
Perry Tak, on Flickr

Attachments

• 748812424_0a936205b1.jpg
    748812424_0a936205b1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 748812424_0a936205b1.jpg
    748812424_0a936205b1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 29

raleighnut

Legendary Member
So people only throw the stuff out because it's 'icky', otherwise they would take it home? Give over.
I get Mucky D cartons/cups stuck midway into my privet hedge at the front of the house quite often, I find this strange cos the nearest one is 3 miles away and we don't live near a main road or a popular 'dogging' spot but on a quiet side road, OK there is a pub opposite but that has a big carpark at the front. :cursing:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Cannot think of any other instance were the seller of an item is being held responsible for the twat who throws it out the window?!
I return to firearms offences: both user and seller may have committed offences.

More relevantly, I think councils often go after both flytippers for the actual littering, and the people who hired them for not using a proper waste disposal business.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Not only, but it's my hypothesis for why Mucky D's is the most prevalent litter near me, despite not being the closest. Feel free to state yours, rather than just write "give over".
McDonald's is more popular? People eat inside at the others more? People take longer to drink a coffee, say, than they do to eat a Big Mac and fries? You're suffering from confirmation bias?

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I get Mucky D cartons/cups stuck midway into my privet hedge at the front of the house quite often, I find this strange cos the nearest one is 3 miles away and we don't live near a main road or a popular 'dogging' spot but on a quiet side road, OK there is a pub opposite but that has a big carpark at the front. :cursing:
If you invented a litterbin that could magically place itself right next to people, they'd still chuck it on the floor.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
If you invented a litterbin that could magically place itself right next to people, they'd still chuck it on the floor.
True.
There's a baked spud van outside Christchurch college in Oxford of an evening and people are happy just to chick the packaging in tve road rather than walk 10 metres to a bin. One of the worlds finest cities where people come from all over the world to visit and the locals couldn't give a schitt how it looks. It's appalling really. Shooting's too good for them.....

double0jedi

Let me try to rephrase what I wrote earlier: McD in particular is also at fault for using packaging that becomes icky before the end of a car journey if used for their fatty products... a choice of theirs to use cheap packaging rather than appropriate packaging. It's like if B&H made fags that fell apart into dog-ends before users finished smoking them. Fine both litterer and supplier.

No need to rephrase, I understood your point the first time you made it, It isn't that I didn't comprehend what you wrote merely that I disagree with it.

I do not thing people are throwing wrappers ( regardless of brand) out of the car because the packaging itself is substandard. I think people are throwing it out of a car, or leaving it because they are lazy and irresponsible.

To my mind, saying that the litter is the responsibility of McDonalds is yet another way in which the perpetrators of littering can feel that what they do is not that wrong, and that McDonalds should come out and pick it up for them because they produce the packaging, therefore it's their problem.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
True.
There's a baked spud van outside Christchurch college in Oxford of an evening and people are happy just to chick the packaging in tve road rather than walk 10 metres to a bin. One of the worlds finest cities where people come from all over the world to visit and the locals couldn't give a schitt how it looks. It's appalling really. Shooting's too good for them.....
Your could mount a Minigun to the litterbin. Or is that a bit too ED-209?

Top Bottom