Is the pandemic cycling craze here to stay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You miserable guys would make any new cyclist pack up, ask yourself what have you done to encourage somebody to take up and keep up cycling.
Couldnt have put it better. Well said that man:okay:

johnnyb47

Guru
On the first Lockdown i noticed alot of new cyclists out there. Later in the summer when things were getting back to a loosely worded normal, the bikes and walkers slowly disappeared.
Sadly i just think it was a plan b for many until things improved and normal service returns with life in general

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Personally, i'd like to see more variety of bicycle. They're all boring today, focusing on exotic light weight materials rather than exciting and interesting designs...

Take this chap. He took "out of the box" thinking into account and made it "inside the wheel" thinking...

weird-bike-3.jpg

This i can subscribe to...

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Über Member
I highly doubt it. As soon as things return to some semblance of normalcy once the vaccine has made the rounds and the number of cases plummets, people will go back to doing the stuff that occupied them before the pandemic. I'll enjoy my rides more because I prefer to see fewer people on the road. And if I get back to mountain biking, my best rides were when I saw literally no one on the trail. It makes you feel as though you have the entire park, or world for that matter, to yourself.

You miserable guys would make any new cyclist pack up, ask yourself what have you done to encourage somebody to take up and keep up cycling.
If you read the posts on here unless you trudge to work in all weather's, riding your Brompton complete with Brooke's saddle and full panniers wearing tweed and going no faster than 10mph you're not a 'proper' cyclist anyway.

Myself,
I like modern bikes and kit that aids comfort and performance, ride for pleasure and fitness with like minded people.
I see other types of cyclist out on the road and treat them with the exact same respect as people riding the same sort of bike I choose.

Wouldn't dream of slating someone who rides something different to me, and come on, fold up bikes?

Dan77

Looks pretty busy around these parts and no obvious sign of slowing down, although lots of people have now got new bikes and so are less likely to need another one.

I will admit to being a fair weather rider and I've got so into Zwift that I'm not even going to think about taking the bike outside before March. Still doing at least as many miles as before though and loving the data. Also just completed a 6 week training program so progressing better than ever.

I guess you could call me a lockdown rider being as I started in May but I've not had a single day furloughed or working from home so rather different circumstances to most I imagine.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'm still waiting for all the cheap, unused bikes for sale! Strongly predicted here, but nowhere to be seen near me.😪

I'm still waiting for all the cheap, unused bikes for sale! Strongly predicted here, but nowhere to be seen near me.😪
Total catastrophe was predicted on here for 1st January...it didnt happen so wouldnt hold your breath waiting for cheap, unused bikes :okay:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
The one thing we all have on common is that we all ride a bike. It matters not if you are a weekend warrior riding up the side of a mountain or me on a trusty do it all bike. Just by being visible in all our guises promotes that the bicycle is a valid and great way to get about. For me wether I'm slogging along with a trailer full of shopping or going out cause I can or in the back end of nowhere it's fun and beats sitting a metal box being part of the problem. ✌

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
If you read the posts on here unless you trudge to work in all weather's, riding your Brompton complete with Brooke's saddle and full panniers wearing tweed and going no faster than 10mph you're not a 'proper' cyclist anyway.

Myself,
I like modern bikes and kit that aids comfort and performance, ride for pleasure and fitness with like minded people.
I see other types of cyclist out on the road and treat them with the exact same respect as people riding the same sort of bike I choose.

Wouldn't dream of slating someone who rides something different to me, and come on, fold up bikes?

I wear jeans and ride a bike with a basket on the front. I probably look like a dick head but i really don't care what anybody says inside or outside the forum. In fact, im more determined than ever to get an upright trike and really bust the cycling trend!

Top Bottom