Is there a SCP section on every Chat forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

^^^^ you'd never know their 2 wheeled prowess from their utter failure to contribute to any cycling related topic. Its the 6th form debating society where a hardcore think they are some sort of political heavyweight, they can throw their weight around amongst cycling types and get away with it where they'd get torn to shreds on a proper political forum. As @Brandane observes, better they stay in one safe place than wander freely disrupting threads on the rest of the board.

I note that most of your posts are in Café. MOR music and biscuit selections aren't greatly interesting to me, but each to their own.

See you on a FNRttC?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
It's to stop people who are afraid of thinking from complaining that their forum is being clogged up with challenging opinions.

I've had the immense privilege and joy of cycling (and drinking) with many of the SCP regulars. They're quite handy on two wheels as well as on brain cells.

I started having a look in there a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I found that a lot of the posters weren't very interested in hearing opinions that differed from the majority of posters there. I was also disappointed by the level of bullying and insulting behaviour. If I believed that most people who posted there would look at a topic with an open mind and be willing to engage constructively with someone they didn't agree with then I'd post a lot more there. As it is, I only post there if it is a topic I genuinely know more about than most of the posters. Then I'll try to give the benefit of my knowledge and experience

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I started having a look in there a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I found that a lot of the posters weren't very interested in hearing opinions that differed from the majority of posters there. I was also disappointed by the level of bullying and insulting behaviour. If I believed that most people who posted there would look at a topic with an open mind and be willing to engage constructively with someone they didn't agree with then I'd post a lot more there. As it is, I only post there if it is a topic I genuinely know more about than most of the posters. Then I'll try to give the benefit of my knowledge and experience

and be told you're wrong.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Odd, isn't it, that people are so ready to be rude about those of us who like to discuss things other than cycling sometimes with our friends. Do those of you who actually cycle together in real life (if you do) spend the whole ride talking about purely bike-related topics? If you're going to talk glibly about 'character assassination'

I read that as a response to the poster who said those who abjured SCP (or P&L, as I still think of it) were folk who "Didn't want to think";

It's to stop people who are afraid of thinking from complaining that their forum is being clogged up with challenging opinions.

Of course, two wrongs don't make a right, but I claim mitigation on grounds of provocation on behalf of shouldbeinbed, m'lud.

U

User482

I read that as a response to the poster who said those who abjured SCP (or P&L, as I still think of it) were folk who "Didn't want to think";

Of course, two wrongs don't make a right, but I claim mitigation on grounds of provocation on behalf of shouldbeinbed, m'lud.
Which came after post #2 "To confine the hyperbole and squandering of electrons on character assassination to a dark corner where the more rational minded folk don't wander too often."

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm not sure a mild piss take of another bit of the forum is worth taking that seriously to be honest!

They are so thin skinned over there which I find rather ironic.

AndyRM

XOXO
It's the Internet folks- none of it matters.

witch_burning.jpg

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I look on it as therapy... no-one will remember what I post, no-one will ever read any of it twice, and on occasion I can ramble on about my own personal political utopia without anyone caring much other than to correct me as and when appropriate! .... often it's faster than news agencies and by and large well balanced.

Top Bottom