Is there a stigma to only wear a cap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
some of them will look the same, they’re riding for the same team????
They always did....

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I wear a cap under my helmet on cool days. I wish i'd worn one that time when a wasp entered my helmet and stung my head! i didn't have time to stop and take my helmet off before it struck. Don't wash cycling caps in a washing machine. Yes i know it tells you not to on the label of most,but you might be tempted, thinking 'it's only a cap,what bad thing could happen to it'? From experience,the ones i've machine washed fade in colour and worse than that the flip up and down visor breaks and it them hangs down permanently,blocking your sight ahead.

jay clock

Massive member
I wear a cap. Just a cap
c45_pnbr05.jpeg

These aren’t matching dear boy; they may be of a lime hue, but they ain’t matching. You need a stylist, pronto, old fruit :rolleyes:

At the risk of causing offence...

clearly matching , you can question my sense of style but the sense of history;)

lemond92290005.jpg

faster

Über Member
My observation when riding is excellent, thanks. And the roads are quiet lanes. I'm only saying what I see; I don't care what anyone else does really. A lot of the riders were probably novices like me and maybe they're more likely to wear one?

People do seem to get very wound up about this though. But then I suppose the evidence isn't that compelling, unlike with something like hi-viz clothing.

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with your observation Kevfm, as in the 'quiet lanes' that's what I see too.

Whilst I see quite a few cyclists around town not wearing helmets, they are mostly kids, utility cyclists or people who look like they have just had their car repossessed. Lots without helmets on canal paths too, but out of town on the roads it's extremely rare around here to see anyone without a helmet.

I'm sure that 40% of cyclists not wearing helmets statistic is true, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 40% did 90% of the miles.

Top Bottom