Is There A Sudden Fad for Classic Cars Amongst The Membership?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavalol

Guru
Had a couple of Capris over the years (Mk2 1.3 with a 1600 X-flow, Mk2 1.6 OHC and a dog rough Mk3 3.0S) but they're well out of range price wise these days. My ultimate would be a Daytona yellow Mk1, ideally a 3.0. Also had a two door, pre-airflow 'Consul' Cortina Mk1 that was really tidy, but had that pretty rubbish 1200 3 bearing crank engine.
If money was no object though, you could keep your E-Types and Ferraris etc, I'd just take a Lotus Carlton and probably put a bed next to it so I could ake up in the middle of the night and drool over it.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I like classic cars as do others on cc
What the classic's of the future will be who knows

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Had a couple of Capris over the years (Mk2 1.3 with a 1600 X-flow, Mk2 1.6 OHC and a dog rough Mk3 3.0S) but they're well out of range price wise these days. My ultimate would be a Daytona yellow Mk1, ideally a 3.0. Also had a two door, pre-airflow 'Consul' Cortina Mk1 that was really tidy, but had that pretty rubbish 1200 3 bearing crank engine.
If money was no object though, you could keep your E-Types and Ferraris etc, I'd just take a Lotus Carlton and probably put a bed next to it so I could ake up in the middle of the night and drool over it.
I had two, a Mk1 Facelift (Great) and a Mk3 (Dog).

What the classic's of the future will be who knows

Ah, you must mean something like this:

th?id=OIP.hmhO0qJzz4fBWXzN2uGgXgHaFD&pid=15.jpg

The Fiat Multipla.

xx(

DRM

Guru
Yes, they used to call them Del Sol, some didn't have the VTEC engine though. My prelude was an import.

About fifteen years ago we needed a big load carrier , so we went for something different.

A 1980 Volvo 245, similar to the one below. It had belonged to a classic car enthusiast and had also been used as a show piece in a garage, it was huge.

One night we got slightly boxed in at a hotel car park. I knew the hotel owner who was an HGV driver so I got him to reverse it out. :blush:

View attachment 458238

We needed an estate when junior DRM was born, so we bought one of those Volvo estates, it was quite a Q car as it was the 260 GLE, 2.9 litre fuel injection V6 rather then the 4 cylinder 2.1, there was many an XR3 driver who couldn’t understand why they couldn’t catch a Volvo, indeed I recall being held up heading out of Pateley Bridge by a 2 litre Mondeo, and we had the caravan on the back of it!

Top Bottom