Is there an electrician in the house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Something like this maybe!
s-l1000.jpg

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Have you got a name for it, Classic?

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
@Pat "5mph" - there are various DIY forums you can sign up to to ask. In the past I've signed up to a plumbing forum to ask basic questions about waste pipes, so you might be able to find an electricians forum where someone might know exactly what you need, rather than the guesses above.
If you do this, can you hold a ruler against the cover when you photograph it, to give them a good idea of the scale?

(the prongs on classic33's fish key don't look far enough apart to me to fit the holes in your pic).

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@Pat "5mph" it looks like Classic's got it.
Don't think it's the right dimensions for the wee holes.

Do you have a local Screwfix or builders merchant type place you could take that photo in to?
Yes, I'm about to set out now.

Fish key is for emergency light switch testing.
Cheers. Realized this after some googling last night!

(the prongs on classic33's fish key don't look far enough apart to me to fit the holes in your pic).
I agree @Spinney, got some fish keys at work for turning on lights, they are much smaller.
I'm off to B&Q with the picture, or to whatever electrical merchant I can find locally.
Thank you all for your help, will let you know the outcome :hello:

classic33

Leg End Member
@Pat "5mph" - there are various DIY forums you can sign up to to ask. In the past I've signed up to a plumbing forum to ask basic questions about waste pipes, so you might be able to find an electricians forum where someone might know exactly what you need, rather than the guesses above.
If you do this, can you hold a ruler against the cover when you photograph it, to give them a good idea of the scale?

That's similar to the one on my keys. The thin end is an emergency lighting switch. The head shape can vary though.

snorri

Legendary Member
Look around the fitting for a manufacturers name, a product or model number, or a Serial number.
You will have to accurately identify the item in order to get sound advice regarding an opening device.
Good luck!:smile:

Top Bottom