Is this REALLY a bargain ??????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sometimes it's a bit like 'this rides slow' or it's cheap and no good but if most people were honest, if they sat on expensive bikes with 'fast skinny' tyres and all the best components and squared up against say Chris boardman on a few hundred quid, 20 year old bike on old rubber he would still make them look slow. All the gear and no idea. Pick a good bike for the level and type of riding you do. Enjoy it, love it and sure the boardman will be first class. Tyres as well

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Cheers mate! Agree with you totally!
Great post :notworthy:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

I know yes. It was more the "personnel" I have encountered there in the past that worried me and their total lack of knowledge!!! Oh and they charged me for work that they never did and I proved!
The lads at Bilston Branch now appear to know their stuff , lets hope they do.....

Should have no probs with 28's on the road;I commute on 32's(Vittoria Randonneur Pros) at the mo with no hassles,same set for over a year with one puncture and can usually average 27-30+kph on a 1hr commute on a cross bike.

And suss forks are a waste of time on most hybrids as most peeps never use them on paths or tracks so bad(or good if you're an MTBer:laugh:).

Andywinds

The vast majority would be fine about it and will appreciate the business. If they are the sort to get funny about you not buying the bike from them, I'd query if they are worth your custom..?
Yep and that's why I try and not at all! Hence all the questions here about bike maintenance!

vickster

Legendary Member
Won't this upset for lbs? When I've taken my special mtb to the lbs before they asked why didn't I buy a Giant from them.
Not if you pay them to do it!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

If only I had the time mate but it IS a great idea in fairness :okay:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Why should a business do it for free?

I was just joking Vickster. By the way I did join BC and will get my 10% extra off the bike when I pock up on Sunday. Their third party cover looks a very useful thing to have too . Thanks for the heads up ^_^

Top Bottom