Is this rider in the door zone?

• Yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
You are confused, you brought up risk, not me.

dan·ger/ˈdānjər/
Noun:
  • The possibility of suffering harm or injury: "his life was in danger".
  • A person or thing that is likely to cause harm or injury: "drought is a danger".

Yeah OK, my job is to calculate risk :whistle:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Yeah OK, my job is to calculate risk :whistle:

Oh sorry, my mistake for debating with a professional.
Please accept my apologies that i miss understood the difference between risk and danger. :dry:

colly

Re member eR
The dangers of cycling in the door zone are no different at low speeds to high speeds. Just because you can see someone, doesn't mean that a. they can see you b. they have seen you c. you can't see if they are about to open the door.
Stay out of the door zone when ever possible!

You are quite right of course.

What I meant is that if you can clearly see no one sitting in the offside seats then the likelyhood of a door opening is pretty minimal. Personally at anything other than walking pace I stay well away from cars, but creeping up to the lights past parked cars where it's obvious no one is in them isn't really much of a risk.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
To me that didn't look overly dangerous... assuming he'd approached the last two parked cars fastidiously checking the offside seats through their rear and side windows for occupants.

There's one place in particular in lancaster where i have to (choose to?) cycle on the outside edge of the door zone. Any further out and the oncoming traffic is a problem, of which there is lots at certain times of day... but whilst in the door zone my attention is on the interior of the cars I'm about to pass so I (perhaps wrongly) assume I'm safe enough.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Yeah OK.

Fancy a job.

Seeing as how it's your job, it might be a good idea ;)

I'll help you out

risk |risk|nouna situation involving exposure to danger: flouting the law was too much of a risk| all outdoor activities carry an element of risk.• [ in sing. ] the possibility that something unpleasant or unwelcome will happen: reduce the risk of heart disease | [ as modifier ] : a high consumption of caffeine was suggested as a risk factor for loss of bone mass.• [ usu. in sing. with adj. ] a person or thing regarded as likely to turn out well or badly, as specified, in a particular context or respect: Western banks regarded Romania as a good risk.• [ with adj. ] a person or thing regarded as a threat or likely source of danger: she's a security risk | gloss paint can burn strongly and pose a fire risk.• (usu. risks) a possibility of harm or damage against which something is insured.• the possibility of financial loss: [ as modifier ] : project finance is essentially an exercise in risk management.verb [ with obj. ]expose (someone or something valued) to danger, harm, or loss: he risked his life to save his dog.• act or fail to act in such a way as to bring about the possibility of (an unpleasant or unwelcome event): unless you're dealing with pure alcohol you're risking contamination from benzene.• incur the chance of unfortunate consequences by engaging in (an action): he was far too intelligent to risk attempting to deceive her.

danger |ˈdānjər|nounthe possibility of suffering harm or injury: his life was in danger .• a person or thing that is likely to cause harm or injury: infertile soils where drought is a danger.• the possibility of something unwelcome or unpleasant: there was no danger of the champagne running out.• Brit.the status of a railroad signal indicating that the line is not clear and that a train should not proceed.

400bhp

Guru
No, you have to be able to spell.

You've failed.

400bhp

Guru
Yeah of course.

Oooh I see you can do an internet search for risk. :biggrin:

I can do that too:

1e4b1f22fa5704310634c7e437b8f3b1.png

I think I'll hand in my notice tomorrow.

Edit - apologies Gaz, I'm bored tonight. No hard feelings-am being a pedant. :hello:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Yeah of course.

Oooh I see you can do an internet search for risk. :biggrin:

I can do that too:

1e4b1f22fa5704310634c7e437b8f3b1.png

I think I'll hand in my notice tomorrow.

Edit - apologies Gaz, I'm bored tonight. No hard feelings-am being a pedant. :hello:

Ah yes, Danger = (probability of the accident occurring) * (expected loss in case of the accident)

The Southend vid is private now.....?

I know there is at least two Southend cycle cam riders on 'tube though, one on here, going by the name. Poor bloke probably felt a bit picked on.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The Southend vid is private.....?

The uploader made it private in the past hour or so.
They probably got a few comments and didn't like it. I know he blocked me when I commented on him being in the door zone.
Not the best attitude to have, as one massive bonus of uploading footage online is others can watch it and give you advise for next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom