Is this rider in the door zone?

• Yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Do you guys analyse everything in your lives to this extent?

Noodley

Tomorrow's hot topic: "Does this pot lid look like it's on properly?"

And for the weekend: "Does this toothpaste tube look like it's been squeezed from the middle?"

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf

For me the whole video thing a pressure cooker of learning. It's nice to explore what other people experience and learn from it. Each situation is subtly different from others, enough that often different strategies are required. Some situations don't come up very often, so it's nice to see someone else's video and analyse it, then you have a preplanned response ready, and it's much easier to anticipate.

I don't necessarily have a problem with this rider being in the doorzone, especially not the end bit where he was going quite slowly, but equally that is what enabled that bad driver to push through and drive like they did. Sometimes you might want to encourage that behaviour, and sometimes you might want to claim the lane. I think I'd prefer the latter for this situation, but still...

Oh, and LOLZ on him making the video private. Clearly the light of truth is uncomfortable, as he continues to insist he wasn't in the door zone.

Origamist

Legendary Member

Analyse? That's over-egging it a bit! There's always a lot of posturing, point-scoring, pettiness and hypocrisy (I've run out of adjectives beginning with "P") on these kinds of threads. There's also a seam of cycling education to mine - but that often gets lost or hijacked.

I suspect this thread came about over a disagreement with the uploader over whether he was in the door zone and BM wanted to mercilessly hammer the point on a forum with a poll and vox pop. I should have known better...

handwringing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

400bhp

Guru
[QUOTE 1592595"]
It's not a question of just being in the door zone, it's also a question of being sandwiched between this and overtaking car that is passing closely - as what happened in the clip.
[/quote]

Fair point.

Clandy

I suspect this thread came about over a disagreement with the uploader over whether he was in the door zone and BM wanted to mercilessly hammer the point on a forum with a poll and vox pop. I should have known better...

handwringing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's exactly what happened. Not only here but also on YACF. Pretty pathetic really.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Tut tut!! Perhaps the lesson is not to tell fibs about not riding in the door zone, and so vigorously defend it against obvious video evidence that shows the centre of the bike being between 2-3 foot out from the car. Sometimes it's not good to let your debate get quite that badly entrenched and polarized, so much so that you have to make the video private because the light of truth is uncomfortable.

Clandy

Tut tut!! Perhaps the lesson is not to tell fibs about not riding in the door zone, and so vigorously defend it against obvious video evidence that shows the centre of the bike being between 2-3 foot out from the car. Sometimes it's not good to let your debate get quite that badly entrenched and polarized, so much so that you have to make the video private because the light of truth is uncomfortable.

You really are a sad little creature aren't you? I know where I was on the road, and it was not the door zone. Perhaps the lesson is to not start petulant little threads in order to attack other people when they tell you you're wrong.

Clandy

Oh, and LOLZ on him making the video private. Clearly the light of truth is uncomfortable, as he continues to insist he wasn't in the door zone.

If any more proof were needed as to your petulance and immaturity it is this. Grow up you ridiculous little person.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
You really are a sad little creature aren't you? I know where I was on the road, and it was not the door zone. Perhaps the lesson is to not start petulant little threads in order to attack other people when they tell you you're wrong.
You really think you where not in the door zone?
I seriously suggest you watch the other video that mikey put in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom