Is this the UK's most dangerous zebra crossing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Jeezo, and drivers think we are the problem. :wacko:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The one on the SW corner of Tuesday Market Place in King's Lynn is pretty bad northbound, with people coming from the pubs to the west having about a pace and a half from hidden by a building to on the zebra, but it's now 20mph and looks difficult, so it han been a while since the last serious collision.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
you have to ask why the pedestrian in clip one doesn't actually look to see if any traffic is approaching from their left, they literally run into the path of an oncoming car. whilst pedestrian has priority and the car should have stopped, that was still immensely stupid.

clip 2 the cyclist sees the car isnt stopping and stops themselves, and thus avoids a worse collision.

clip 3 not really clear whether he looks or not

But all 3, car at fault.

Better Zebra crossing:
1668776940864.png

Alex321

Veteran
That zebra crossing isn't dangerous. The cars ignoring it are though.

While I agree that the car drivers are seriously at fault, that zebra is very badly placed IMO, though if they moved it, I suspect people would still attempt to cross where it was.

I say it is badly placed because there are two side roads, one from each side, which are so close that each has the zigzags from the crossing going the whole way across the junction. It also, from streetview, appears to be at the bottom of a hill in BOTH directions.
https://www.google.com/maps/@53.788...4!1sdLFLYztyE2jW70q7trdBVw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Top Bottom