Is this why we always have toast and cornflakes for breakfast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I thought the idea was to eat the leftovers from last night's takeaway :whistle:

Venod

Eh up
I could never leave the house without breakfast, I have the same stuff every morning, muesli with Greek Yoghurt topped with raisins cranberries and diced figs, toast with Morrisons equivalent of Marmite, and two mugs of tea.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Each morning on the way to work I eat a banana just as i pass Arkwright Pit ... then throw the banana skin out of the passenger window into the hedge at the 6th lamppost in Hasokkey Lane....
Davids Biosphere ..... ^_^
Because of the number of banana skins in the hedge the flora and fauna of that section of the hedge has changed from the hedge either side .
From May to June, once a week, i shake a section of MY hedge onto a tray and record the insects there and again in the non banana skinned section.
So far Davids Biosphere has been featured on R5 Live, The Adrian Childs Show and a local universities DIY Experiments site.

All because of breakfast !! ...

gbb

Legendary Member
Habits form I guess. Most of us work, for me up at 5am, you often don't want to eat at that time if the morning but you know you should, so its utilitarian, something simple, toast In my case, cornflakes make sense too.

Come 9am, a full English would be most welcome....but i couldn't contemplate one soon after waking up.

Rusty Nails

We remember
Habits form I guess. Most of us work, for me up at 5am, you often don't want to eat at that time if the morning but you know you should, so its utilitarian, something simple, toast In my case, cornflakes make sense too.

Come 9am, a full English would be most welcome....but i couldn't contemplate one soon after waking up.
Years ago I worked at one company that had some sites that had a canteen that served breakfasts. I usually, when working at one of those sites missed breakfast at home, got into work early and had a full cooked breakfast. No cooking, no hassle.

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Years ago I worked at one company that had some sites that had a canteen that served breakfasts. I usually, when working at one of those sites missed breakfast at home, got into work early and had a full cooked breakfast. No cooking, no hassle.
Oh the joy of a full works canteen. 8.30 / 9am, we would always sneak a light breakfast in, egg on toast, baked beans and tomatoes, maybe some bacon and a cup of tea. Sets you up for the rest if the day.
We had one single fella there that always ate at work, cheaper, more range, no cooking or cleaning up, whats not to like.

Landsurfer

Veteran
We worked at a railway maintenance depot for 2 years only recently finished ....
Sausage, bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms, hash brown, fried bread and a cup of tea or coffee ...
Drum Roll...

£1.37 ..... !!!!!!!!!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A full English is limited to Wednesdays when I attend a business breakfast in a neighbouring town, and occasionally on a Saturday after a 10 mile hilly ride to a village pub. The latter might even include a breakfast beer, and is followed by morning ride of up to 100k.
Otherwise it varies from muesli with yoghurt to toasted teacakes, perhaps with cheese. Or something else again if we're away somewhere (a more than tolerable poached eggs and ham on toast in London the other day).

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I used to do a bit of overnight driving and have the full works at the Little Chef in Tyndrum on the way home. Once I carried on to Oban and got chucked out of MacTavish’s Kitchen for having the cheek to ask for a cooked breakfast at the ungodly hour of 0930.:angry:

Top Bottom