Is this worth Buying??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
huggybear0

huggybear0

Über Member
Me again. I am still on the hunt. I have seen a Fuji 2.3 2015. Not sure on the spec. The guy purchased from new from Evans which helps. Your knowledge will on these bike would be appreciated. He is asking £150.00 but I have not negotiated yet.

Attachments

• 94E5E2D1-D64C-4708-93C9-C56B6228D531.jpeg
    94E5E2D1-D64C-4708-93C9-C56B6228D531.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Doesn’t look very big, is it your size?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
He says it’s a 56cm frame. It’s a Fuji 2.3 Sportif.

Research says they are a bit heavy
heavy compared to what? Alu frame and carbon fork bikes are all going to be much of a muchness weight-wise. Its not as light as a £7k "super bike" but then you aren't fishing in that market.
If its something to get you into road biking then it looks ideal for £150 for a first bike. Sportive / relaxed / endurance geometry, i.e head tube slightly longer so bars slightly higher will be easier for you to get used to than an aggressive low front end race bike.

Get it bought and get riding it.:okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For £150 you shouldn't be too fussy or you will still be looking next winter! :okay:

I suggest that you buy the first bike in decent condition that fits you that definitely has not been stolen. You could probably use it for a few months and then sell it on for the same price if you wanted to upgrade.

OP
OP
huggybear0

huggybear0

Über Member
Next find is a 2011 Boardman Road Race. The Guy has owned from new and recently reconditioned it. He says basically it is only the frame that is old. He wants £125.00 for it. Any thoughts.

Don’t know if the extras are included I assume not.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 69E10656-7572-482C-9875-83DA679A4F63.jpeg
    69E10656-7572-482C-9875-83DA679A4F63.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 19
Next find is a 2011 Boardman Road Race. The Guy has owned from new and recently reconditioned it. He says basically it is only the frame that is old. He wants £125.00 for it. Any thoughts.

Don’t know if the extras are included I assume not.
Thanks in advance
It will probably be sold by the time people have given their viewpoints. Looks a larger frame to me although not sure. Is it the right size for you?

Boardman are decent bikes and typically great value from new. £125 would be an excellent price if everything is in order ('if' being the key word).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
the fuji did come in charcoal in 2015
8 speed claris with external cables

10.5 kg

the boardman looks like it has had the shifters changed ? original spec 2011 had the old thumb shifter 9 speed sora on the inside but that looks to have been changed on that photo ?
9.6 kg

Im biased as i have my 2011 team which was the next model up and i still love mine but an 11 year old bike would have to have been well looked after, that one doesnt have the stock wheels which in itself could be good , if it all works it comes down to wear and what the frame condition is ?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If looking at any bike on the £150-250 range you might need to spend a bit replacing worn out parts/tyres but might still represent good value.

OP
OP
huggybear0

huggybear0

Über Member
I got messed about with the Boardman made arrangements to inspect and then got message it was sold.

I have seen a Kona Zang 2013. He wants £250.

I can’t find a great deal of info on it. Any thoughts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom