Is this worth Buying??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Would this be better than the Giant TCR

Cannondale CAAD8 105

bought from Evans in 2017 and regularly serviced at a local shop since then. Mileage is quite low - it's done less than 1000 miles and has always been stored inside so no rust or rot anywhere! £450.00

Your advice would be appreciated
Looks nice .

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Would this be better than the Giant TCR

Cannondale CAAD8 105

bought from Evans in 2017 and regularly serviced at a local shop since then. Mileage is quite low - it's done less than 1000 miles and has always been stored inside so no rust or rot anywhere! £450.00

Your advice would be appreciated
I have one of these. Paid £400 secondhand. I'd say this is slightly overpriced but if it's nice and clean and a genuine 1000 miles I'd go for it.

OP
OP
huggybear0

huggybear0

Über Member
Morning have any of you guys had a plant X. I am looking at a 2018 Planet X RTD 90. The guy wants 650.

Your thoughts would be welcome

postman

Legendary Member
And being red means it goes faster^_^
Thats funny i dont remember Royal Mail bikes going fast.

Morning have any of you guys had a plant X. I am looking at a 2018 Planet X RTD 90. The guy wants 650.

Your thoughts would be welcome
That'd like asking if X grand is worth paying for a BMW.

What's on the frame - what groupset ? Has he evidence it's a 2018 ? What wheels/tyres - what wear on everything ?

Is it your size ?

OP
OP
huggybear0

huggybear0

Über Member
I have had an online chat with Planet X they were very helpful. I have decided to leave carbon frames and I am going to stick with steel / Alu. I think it’s my best bet for now. If in the future I become the next Chris Hoy 😂 I can then look at carbon but I am sure a steel will suit my needs. I guess there is not much around at the moment. I don’t mind increasing my budget if I can get something that will hold it’s price. Many of the bikes are over an hours drive away so I am trying to get as much info before I race off and try it.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
If your budget has gone up to £500 plus, the Evans Cycles near the Chill Factor in Trafford Park usually have a rack of discounted bikes which are shop floor ones with scratches or returns from customers. Probably not worth a special trip but if you were over in Manchester anyway they might be worth a look.

Top Bottom