Is your partner as active as you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahale

Über Member
Just curious really to how it works with other couples. Do you all have partners with similar fitness levels/interests or is it not really an issue. Do you worry about their health or just leave them be?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm a cyclist
Mrs Ian is a runner

Works quite well for both of us.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I worry about Hubster' health and he doesn't ride as much as me. I try to encourage him and we regularly ride other places than close to home. The hills here are discouraging to him, me too truth be told. He was fitter and more active when we lived in the flatlands.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
We both walk and cycle, though me rather more than E. We both have other interests as well, so neither feels left out.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just curious really to how it works with other couples. Do you all have partners with similar fitness levels/interests or is it not really an issue. Do you worry about their health or just leave them be?

No afraid not and i wish she could be , but alas due to health reasons my other half can just about manage 15 - 20 mins of exercise at a time before collapsing in pain on a very good .

It was fantastic to manage some tandem rides along the local cycle paths where we did a maximum of 5 miles before being hit by the barrier that her health brings

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
No afraid not and i wish she could be , but alas due to health reasons my other half can just about manage 15 - 20 mins of exercise at a time before collapsing in pain on a very good .

It was fantastic to manage some tandem rides along the local cycle paths where we did a maximum of 5 miles before being hit by the barrier that her health brings

It's great that she tries so hard despite her health problems.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
We both ride, Deb's goes to the gym 5 times a week, three spinning classes and 2 legs bums and tums (what ever that is). i ride more, but if she could keep up she would do more riding.:okay:

U

User33236

I was primarily a cyclist but having taken up running too have my first duathalon coming up soon.

Mrs SG is a triathlete and completed IronMan last year.

iandg

Legendary Member
My wife's not as active as me and doesn't ride a bike but she walks the dogs (and often me) twice a day so has a reasonable level of fitness. We also (occasionally) go hill walking together.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
my wife is always on the sofa and does no exercise, but she manages to maintain her weight at 7 stone 12. I tried to get her into cycling when we first met. She bought a mountain bike, we rode it on the trail twice and it's been hung on the garage wall for the last 6 years :sad:

My wife does a Sportive or two each year, all her cycling, be it an 8 miler to the shops and back (it's pretty rural here and very, very hilly as soon as you pull away from the coast) is at a steady 10-12 mph, so I go off and do extra loops and meet back up. She also walks the dog between 20 and 25 miles a week, indeed, she has just returned from a nine mile walk today (which we did Sunday together).

Top Bottom