Is your partner as active as you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Partner? :whistle: I'm too busy cycling to find one! :laugh:

If I ever decide to try the relationship thing again then I will make sure that any new partner is a keen cyclist. My previous partner was a keen walker and we did some very nice hilly walks together, but it was a struggle to get her out on her bike. One of the problems of living in this hilly area ...

We did go for a few nice rides up and down the Rochdale canal towpath and the Calder Valley Cycleway but it would have been great to be able to do long hilly rides together. An e-bike might well have been the solution if we were still together. When we were together (15 years ago), the technology wasn't where it is today.

I have a couple of female cycling friends who are way fitter than me and they don't need any motorised help. In fact, they slow down for me!

postman

Legendary Member
Simple answer NO.But she can eat more chocolate than me,drink more coffee.Sorry to say she is a little overweight.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's great that she tries so hard despite her health problems.

yes it is just think how many more bikes we could have in our already overcrowded garage ^_^

oh totally and its such a shame as there are loads more bikes we could have in our already overcrowded garage
Same here. Would love to share long bike rides, walking in the hills and ski-ing with her, but, sadly, never going to happen. On a good day, she's not in pain.

same here @BrumJim

Sandra6

Veteran
Mr6 is actually much fitter than me.
He has put on a little weight just recently due to ill health, but he generally maintains his weight and fitness much better than I do.
If anything he despairs of me.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Not really, but she does keep herself in good shape. The trouble with us is just time. Neither of us get the time to excercise. Mine is rolled into the commute. Not so with my wife...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, my partner and I both do Japanese Taiko drumming, which is seriously physical. She does yoga and swims more occasionally and is very conscious that she needs to do more to decrease the risk of osteoporosis as she gets older. But she is pretty much ideologically opposed to things like running and cycling! ^_^

I actually run a lot more than I cycle these days. My 4km to the ferry (+another 2km from there to the university) is hardly worth cycling unless I am in a hurry or the weather is difficult, but it makes a nice training run in winter when it's too dark to go running earlier in the morning of after work when I get home. For the other three seasons I generally ride the Brompton or the single speed to work, and I train separately on my TT bike. When I do cycle in winter, I usually use my ice-bike, but actually I haven't needed it yet - what snow there was has gone, and while it is below zero, there's no ice on the roads at all (this is about to change though, with winter storm warnings in effect this evening).

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
SWMBO does a pilates class once a week. She has a nice bike and will cycle when we are on holiday and on the odd occasion in Summer with the kids. Like me, she is a gym hater, but enjoyed the rower machines as did I, so that's currently on the shopping list.

tyred

Legendary Member
I don'y have a partner but my imaginary friend accompanies me on cycling and hiking trips.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, my partner and I both do Japanese Taiko drumming, which is seriously physical. She does yoga and swims more occasionally and is very conscious that she needs to do more to decrease the risk of osteoporosis as she gets older.
Does she like Natto? The large amounts of Vitamin K2 in it can help a lot to maintain bone density. If she doesn't like it, she could use K2 supplements instead, together with Vitamin D3. 'Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox' is well worth reading.

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Mine can't ride a bicycle, he was never taught how. I think he's missing out but I won't push him to try, if he wanted to I feel like he would of learnt himself. And same with swimming. I am always on the go with this and that and probably drive him mad as I'm always busy!

screenman

Legendary Member
My wife does not do a lot of riverside, but she does rush around a lot. She can though average 14mph for 20 miles on a step through after not riding for 6 months, she also did a 10k run in 54 minutes on only 6 weeks training starting from zero.

So in a way I am glad she does not do regular training, did I mention going from being a non swimmer to being able to swim 500 yard non stop in only 4 weeks.

She is in truth extremely lucky that she has a natural fitness that many would like.

Her fitbit normally records between 20,000 and 25,000 steps per day.

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The fragrant MrsP is far more active than me, she runs about 30 miles a week, is training for two marathons this year, does long cycle commutes in good weather and swims occasionally. She also does workouts on a Wii thingy.

I do a bit of running which I hate and not as much cycling as I'd like.

Top Bottom