Is your partner as active as you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
That's OK until they start to answer back...

It's really annoying when they phone you at inconsiderate times!

keithmac

Guru
To be fair my wife is on her feet at work and by the time she's finished ferrying the kids about to swimming, cubs etc it's too late during the week to start exercising.

Saying the everytime I've mentioned buying her a bike for the weekends silence ensues..

For me doing the commute on the bike rain or shine is motivation and it's nice to have a bit of peace and quiet on the ride home..

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just curious really to how it works with other couples.
Do you all have partners with similar fitness levels/interests or is it not really an issue.
Do you worry about their health or just leave them be?

No and yes. I try and encourage her as much as I can but you can't force them can you? She has a bike (well, technically two, but only one worth riding) and really enjoys getting out on local trails and bridleways, but struggles to motivate herself to get out there especially in this weather.
We used to do a lot of walking with the dog when he was younger, but now he's old and knackered, that's stopped too.

That said, she is incredibly supportive of me getting out on my bike and has never complained once about me being out for hours at a time.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
No, she just lies there mostly.

Adam4868

Guru
My other half has a nice bike and enjoys it when I get her out on it.Does yoga a few hours a week.But when I dare say"you never come out on bike" I get the.All men are selfish,there's ironing and cleaning to do,wish I could be like you just drop everything,etc etc.So I ride alone !!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
My OH is generally quite active in a there is always some jobs need doing way without actually doing exercise for the sake of exercise. He will go on an occasional (under 15 miles) cycle when the weather is nice, or for short walks of a couple of miles but he's often busy gardening, allotment, chopping logs etc.

DanZac

I never sit down (or thats what my mrs tells me) and my mrs never gets up, so I guess that evens us out as a couple!

Mrs dz did get quite good on the bike and happily knocked out a few 100K rides, but then she fell off and broke her elbow and ankle and has'nt really got back to it. Hopfully the better weather will do the trick.

In the meantime im trying to get in the miles for the both of us, running, cycling and swimming.

Julia9054

Guru
My OH is my regular cycling partner. We are reasonably evenly matched. He is stronger and a bit faster than me but I am fitter with more stamina because I cycle to work (and have a turbo for when I am being a weather wimp) and he only cycles when we go out at weekends.

Top Bottom