Is your partner as active as you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Does she like Natto? The large amounts of Vitamin K2 in it can help a lot to maintain bone density. If she doesn't like it, she could use K2 supplements instead, together with Vitamin D3. 'Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox' is well worth reading.

She does eat natto, when we can actually get hold of the foul, stinky stuff. She loves it. I can't much more than tolerate it. We've thought about trying to make our own. We've make our own miso and other fermented things in the past, and I fully intend to do a lot more fermenting in the future.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jannie has a 10 mile commute on her bike and does it every working day of the year, regardless of weather. She has a car and a parking space at work but says she needs the ride to start her day properly.

gbb

Legendary Member
I don't worry about my wife's fitness and general health, she walks a heck of a lot in her work, trampolines at work and does 'clubercise' most weeks that said, she has slowed down a bit. Mind both of us are closer to 60 now than 55.
She used to cycle commute, that never really happens now.

I sense nowadays at the weekends she's far more likely to have a pyjama day and relax....not sure why that's changed, she never used to. Mind it's winter, neither of us like it plus we've had a very very tough year emotionally with family.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
In the last month- no.
She's been stuffed by this coughing virus.

In the last week someone in our house has made 25 jars of marmalade, has spent time doing a large piece of art, crocheted some hats, cooked a blinding roast dinner, made a cheesecake for the WI and volunteered at the local theatre. I'm not the active one there....

Julia9054

Guru
In the last month- no.
She's been stuffed by this coughing virus....
Me too. Its been vile. Off the bike for 2 weeks because every time I went outside the cold air set me off coughing. Did a flat, really slow, wheezy 30 miles on Sunday and felt like an old lady.
Still coughing.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mrs Drago has multiple sclerosis. She used to cycle reasonably frequently with me, but is alas is no longer able. She's 10 years younger than me, so it's a blow.

Fortunately she was well insured, and that paid out, and she had insured her pension as well, so that started paying out upon diagnosis and she was able to retire a reasonable income at 33. She has the time, just no longer the ability.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Mrs Drago has multiple sclerosis. She used to cycle reasonably frequently with me, but is alas is no longer able. She's 10 years younger than me, so it's a blow.

Fortunately she was well insured, and that paid out, and she had insured her pension as well, so that started paying out upon diagnosis and she was able to retire a reasonable income at 33. She has the time, just no longer the ability.

She has you though. Every cloud...

Drago

Legendary Member
She has you though. Every cloud...

That's what I keep telling her ;)

Chappy

Guru
I cycle all the time where my wife used to go out on her bike once or twice a year at best. However this year is different she has decided to ride the New Forest sportive in September in an effort to rectify her lifestyle, so she has been out and about 100% more on her bike this month I just hope she keeps it up.

Top Bottom