Isle of Wight Randonee anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have started threads on other sites .....

Response is good and this is a worthwhile and enjoyable ride!

Happy New Year.

We're pleased to announce that this year's Randonnee will take place on Sunday 4th May 2008.

We're interested in hearing your stories building up to the event again this year - if anyone is blogging their training, and would like a link to their blog added to the cycleisland website, please send details to john@cycleisland.co.uk

Initial details of the event, links to help with travel and accommodation, contact details for queries etc.. can be found on our website - www.cycleisland.co.uk

Further details will be added in the coming months.

Look forward to seeing you all again!

Regards

The Randonnee Team

Zoom

Über Member
It's certainly hilly; but not ridiculously so ; and the worst couple of hills are downhill this year. Best mass participation ride in the South IMO; no queues, no faffing, excellent controls. Well worth the £0 but you'll want to pay more. I'll be there for the 5th time.

There is a map here:

map2006.jpg

But for a full route map with profile try
the PDF here

yoyo

I am interested in considering attempting this, especially if I can persuade my other half to attempt the shorter run. Is it on the main roads? What is motor traffic like as I find the island roads rather narrow and scary to cycle on? Would this rule us out?

Yoyo

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
yoyo said:
I am interested in considering attempting this, especially if I can persuade my other half to attempt the shorter run. Is it on the main roads? What is motor traffic like as I find the island roads rather narrow and scary to cycle on? Would this rule us out?

Yoyo

The ride is mostly on back lanes with part on the old railway line from Freshwater to Yarmouth. There are parts on main roads but these are in the minority overall. even on the main roads there is not that much traffic. Sorry for posting a duff link to the IOW ride, it was working last month.

toontra

Veteran
Word of warning. I've just tried to make a cycle reservation for the London-Southampton train on Saturday - none available for any trains that day. I didn't even bother trying for the ones back on Sunday evening.

I think I'll have to bag the bike up and take it as luggage. Has anyone ever had to do this?

Hummers

I was driving around on the Island today and ventured on the cycle route.

Bleddy 'ell, it ain't half lumpy in places. :wacko:

H

toontra

Veteran
Hummers said:
I was driving around on the Island today and ventured on the cycle route.

Bleddy 'ell, it ain't half lumpy in places. :wacko:

H

Was that on part on the short loop or the long route (or both!)?

Top Bottom