It’s health and safety gone mad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any H&E I need to know about in Southwick.. I going to have a look around on Saturday.. Assuming people aren't glued to the trains.. We need a sign for that too.. :banghead:
What’s a southwick?

classic33

Leg End Member
Stop ruining my thread with your intelligent comments.

I work in insurance so am well aware of the issues, it just makes me sad to see this sort of thing.

It is fairly obvious to anyone that the lions are not safe to climb, but that’s half the fun.

Take it at your own risk, don’t expect any compensation if you do injure yourself.
Think about when they go to the doctor and try to explain that they injured themselves when they fell off a lion,

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I made a jokey remark about 'Health and Safety gone mad' on a ride with @Littgull once, not realising that that was his field of expertise. He soon put me straight with some horrific stories of what can go wrong when people don't take H&S seriously!

So, yes - spoiling the fun of young drunks climbing onto the lions, but saving their parents the trauma of having police officers knocking at the door in the middle of the night to give them tragic news? :whistle:

(Not that anyone who wants to climb one of the lions will take any notice of the warnings!)

I did a NEBOSH safety course. Boy, did we see some horrific things, mainly down to good old human idiocy.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Ive sat on them and fed the pigeons.

Of all the millions of people who must have sat on them, I wonder how many have fell off. Of all those who have fallen off. How many have sued the coucil for not having a No climbing sign.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
In Exeter we have a statue of General Buller, an incompetent soldier who died quite young through his own stupidity. We also have a large student population whose intelligence can be reduced to less than Buller's by means of alcohol. One young drunk fell off Buller's horse and landed on his head, with fatal consequences.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Bolleaux to that! I proposed sat on one of those!
Were you absolutely drunk??
Proposing to a statue of a lion, whatever next^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
Ive sat on them and fed the pigeons.

Of all the millions of people who must have sat on them, I wonder how many have fell off. Of all those who have fallen off. How many have sued the coucil for not having a No climbing sign.
Off on a slight tangent but I recall a council employee falling off a step ladder while changing a light bulb. He sued the council claiming no one had taught him how to climb the ladder. Sadly he won the case and was awarded many £1000's.

Top Bottom