It is <insert name of FB friend>'s birthday today. Let her know that you're thinking about her

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Daughter as an example 300+ "Friends" Average number of Birthday Facebook so called happy birthday wishes less than 20. Average likes or comments on images 5-30. They really hate me pointing this out. What a load of bollocks!

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Daughter as an example 300+ "Friends" Average number of Birthday Facebook so called happy birthday wishes less than 20. Average likes or comments on images 5-30. They really hate me pointing this out. What a load of bollocks!

Agreed. Nobody on Facebook cares about you. All they care about is your perception of them.
Facebook bore said:
Here I am on my expensive holiday, having a wonderful time, because I'm so happy, and so rich, with my beautiful wife/gf/bf, and my gorgeous kids and my fast car, but on the other hand I can't wait to get home to see my perfect friends, and get back to my perfect house, with its perfect lawns and flower beds and...

Just typing happy birthday costs nothing and is a nice thing to do.
If you can't be arsed to do that just de-friend them

OMG

Defriending

Last disciplinary interview I had to perform was where someone had defriended another member of staff

It was as if she had murdered the entire family, for several generations

Naively I said... It's only a social media site, not real life........ Silly mistake

Took a week to resolve, and another reason I do not do Farcebook

cd365

Guru
OMG

Defriending

Last disciplinary interview I had to perform was where someone had defriended another member of staff

It was as if she had murdered the entire family, for several generations

Naively I said... It's only a social media site, not real life........ Silly mistake

Took a week to resolve, and another reason I do not do Farcebook
Women!

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Far too many people are far too scathing about social media. ;)
I just don't see the point of it. Like I say, I talk to my friends, and go out with them. Why do I care what somebody that I used to know at school is doing? In the main, it's for nosey-parkers that want to stalk their ex, keep tabs on someone they secretly fancy or keep up with events from someone they love to hate. Or Narcissists. It's unhealthy.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I just don't see the point of it. Like I say, I talk to my friends, and go out with them. Why do I care what somebody that I used to know at school is doing? In the main, it's for nosey-parkers that want to stalk their ex, keep tabs on someone they secretly fancy or keep up with events from someone they love to hate. Or Narcissists. It's unhealthy.
YMMV

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I had a brief foray onto FB a few years back to see what distant family were up to. A friend of someone or other sent me a friends request because she liked my avatar (Dracula with two rivers of blood running from the corners of his mouth). She friended me because she was into Wicca and probably thought the avatar meant I was a practitioner of the Dark Arts too. Anyhow she was one of those types who kept bombarding everyone on her friends list with those pathetic "If you pass this poem on some little brat in Brazil will regrow his amputated bollocks but if you don't something horrible will happen" type of messages. I got so pi$$ed off I defriended her and left a sarky comment for all to see, resulting in her going absolutely nuts and firing insults in all directions. I can give as good as I get so she soon got fed up and thankfully ignored me. I soon ditched the stupid site altogether, however.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Facebook is what you make of it.... Befriend everyone and then reap what you sow, or just be friends with your friends, family and a few carefully selected internet friends:whistle:. Luckily I have nice friends;) and the only arguments I get into are on the Bristol cyclists who can be a contrary bunch! I get to see photos of my nieces and nephews, see what distant friends and family are upto, just chatty stuff such as water fights, things they say, etc. And I think I only have about 50 contacts after 7 years.

Top Bottom