It is <insert name of FB friend>'s birthday today. Let her know that you're thinking about her

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Facebook is what you make of it.... Befriend everyone and then reap what you sow, or just be friends with your friends, family and a few carefully selected internet friends:whistle:. Luckily I have nice friends;) and the only arguments I get into are on the Bristol cyclists who can be a contrary bunch! I get to see photos of my nieces and nephews, see what distant friends and family are upto, just chatty stuff such as water fights, things they say, etc. And I think I only have about 50 contacts after 7 years.
It's people friending you that is the problem. If you refuse, they get wicked, and if you accept, you have to put up with them. Better stay away all together and use email for those you hold dear.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
It's people friending you that is the problem. If you refuse, they get wicked, and if you accept, you have to put up with them. Better stay away all together and use email for those you hold dear.
Again, we have different experiences. I've ignored many friend requests and pruned many more from my friends list and never had a problem. In fact, it's people I know in real life who cause me hassle. But, I repeat, ymmv.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
And when I am being nosey nearly every profile I ever look at is filled with fecking selfies all with less than 10% of likes\comments than friends. I have spent my 51 years on earth skilfully avoiding the camera, can't imagine keep posting images of myself online for critique and then finding no one gives a fark

r04DiE

Again, we have different experiences. I've ignored many friend requests and pruned many more from my friends list and never had a problem. In fact, it's people I know in real life who cause me hassle...
Are those real people part of the group you've pruned / ignored?

r04DiE

And when I am being nosey nearly every profile I ever look at is filled with fecking selfies all with less than 10% of likes\comments than friends. I have spent my 51 years on earth skilfully avoiding the camera, can't imagine keep posting images of myself online for critique and then finding no one gives a fark
Don't tell me that it wouldn't give you untold pleasure to pout at the camera and then upload it. You know you want to, come on, pout, FFS ;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I don't know anyone on Facebook who fits your description. Ok, there's a few oddballs (some have posted on this thread) but they're all a good bunch of people. I wouldn't be FB friends with them otherwise.
Perhaps you should look at what connects all these friends:whistle:

Again, we have different experiences. I've ignored many friend requests and pruned many more from my friends list and never had a problem. In fact, it's people I know in real life who cause me hassle. But, I repeat, ymmv.
I've ignored some requests without having problems too!

You don't post something expecting everyone to comment or like it... If you did that then all the likes would have no value.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Oh, you do, huh? :biggrin:
Yeah but one's a mod on this forum so :secret:.
Are those real people part of the group you've pruned / ignored?
Yup. And I take advantage of the fact that FB allows you to select who you want to share stuff with so the usual bad jokes, kitten pictures etc get thrown at everyone but I'm as selective about who I share personal stuff with on FB as I am in real life. I treat social media as I would any other means of communication: it's flawed but it's a tool, just like any other.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You mean you don't, but there are plenty that do!
Again choose your friends wisely!

The thing I'm most annoyed about with some of my friends is that they aren't on it.... One couple I know look at another friends Facebook so they know what is going on.... And one of my siblings isn't so it's annoying as the rest of us use messenger to stay in contact with family stuff.

Top Bottom