It looks like we’re getting back to normal a bit quicker than I thought.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Late to the party too but (grabs coat and makes for the door) WTF ! How can a serious subject thread be hijacked by petty infighting?
I’ve been impressed generally with the assistance and helpful attitude with the forum but this? Come on fellas you’re better than that!

If you are not accepted as being "on message" here then there is a lot of insiduous bullying, a person with an alternative view quickly finds himself fending off multiple posters, all with nothing new to add, and the outlier only has one life............

Brandane

Legendary Member
If you are not accepted as being "on message" here then there is a lot of insiduous bullying, a person with an alternative view quickly finds himself fending off multiple posters, all with nothing new to add, and the outlier only has one life............
An alternative view? Come on, that's far from the issue here, and on other posts. It's the arrogance and refusal on HIS behalf to see other peoples point of view. You surely can't defend his stance on the Sainsburys van video? Yet despite being pretty much at odds with every other poster, he stood his ground. Then posts more tripe about ASL's. He can't be a troll, he's been around too long for that. So he gets called out for what he is. What did he expect on a public forum about cycling? I thought that was the general idea of forums, to put forward ones point of view on matters under discussion? It's hardly bullying to tell someone they are wrong, is it? Or have we become so sensitive now that even telling it like it is isn't allowed? Might as well close the forum then.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

On last night's ride..
Yep, we're getting back to 'normal'

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Commented on this yesterday when on a ride into the Peak District. The fastfood wrappers were much in evidence climbing out of the Manchester bowl and up the Snake Pass :sad:
It is shoot. I guess it is the same brainless morons that set the moorland on fire with their disposable BBQs :angry:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Was working on the Team Valley Retail Park this afternoon, shops open, car park rammed, social distancing a, pardon the pun , distant memory
Because of my shift pattern I ended up doing the family shop on Saturday afternoon. The store wasn't particularly busy and the shelves were reasonably stocked but I was shocked and disgusted by the number of couples and families that were shopping together when the recommendation is still very much to shop alone and maintain distance. Most appeared to be treating the trip as an outing and one family of 5 or 6 members were like a bl00dy swarm, all over the bloomin place, getting up close and then congregating in a group effectively blocking whole isles at a time while they deliberated about what they wanted. I'm surprised the staff let them in, clearly a few of the group should have waited in the car while 1 or 2 at most did the shopping! :cursing:
Just a whiff of lockdown easing and people have gone nuts, totally disregarding the situation.

DRM

Guru
Yes it’s a nightmare doing the food shop, me and my son go for ours , he has grandparents list, I’ve got ours, we split up and crack on, then queue at the till and I pay for it, seems to be the quickest way to get it done, but back to this afternoon there was 6 women some with babies in push chairs at the car next to me have a really good gossip/catch up, definitely not one family!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Because of my shift pattern I ended up doing the family shop on Saturday afternoon. The store wasn't particularly busy and the shelves were reasonably stocked but I was shocked and disgusted by the number of couples and families that were shopping together when the recommendation is still very much to shop alone and maintain distance. Most appeared to be treating the trip as an outing and one family of 5 or 6 members were like a bl00dy swarm, all over the bloomin place, getting up close and then congregating in a group effectively blocking whole isles at a time while they deliberated about what they wanted. I'm surprised the staff let them in, clearly a few of the group should have waited in the car while 1 or 2 at most did the shopping! :cursing:
Just a whiff of lockdown easing and people have gone nuts, totally disregarding the situation.
We went for a shop on Sunday. Tesco here is still doing the one at a time rule. Ended up traipsing round behind a couple that had two trollies (you're not fooling anyone you know!). My wife is in a wheelchair so we can go in together. Anyway, stood behind this couple for blooming ages while they looked at gluten free cornflakes, then managed to skirt past them an aisle or so later and ended up at the reduced counter before them, which has a two metre cordon marked on the floor, spent 10 seconds or so picking up a couple of reduced pork pies (:mrpig:) then noticed that the woman was standing right behind me rifling through the ready meals.

"Seriously?" says I, "Why do you think they've marked the floor out?"
"You should move a bit quicker then shouldn't you son?" Says he. ("Son" :wacko:)

I did my best Paddington impression and gave him a very hard bear stare, then pointed to the newspaper in his trolley and said;

"I see you read the Mail."

He gave me evils for the rest of the shop, which was nice.

But yes, social distancing and lockdown is officially over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom