It's all over for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Disabledcyclist40

I was forced to give up cyclist 3 years ago because of several disabilities, I sold all my stuff.

However just a few weeks ago I started experimental medication, I'm now in a place whereby there's a (albeit TINY) Chance I might get back on the bike.

My point being, we don't know what medical advances there might be tomorrow.....

Keep your chin up and keep positive

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It IS really bad news ... It may be difficult to find someone to be a tandem partner but that is what I would be looking for if I could no longer see well enough to cycle by. Good luck, and stick around CC!

alicat

Legendary Member
What rubbish news, ayceejay. Hoping you stick around and find a tandem captain.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
As a type 1 myself and having already had as much laser treatment as possible (no room left on either eye for any more) to remedy severe retinopathy, I can sympathise and often wonder about my chances of continuing cycling when it all goes pear shaped eventually. The bleeds are continuing. A recumbent trike is my potential answer. Is this something you could afford to try?
How long since the op? Is there time for you to re-adjust to your eyes delayed vision? I've had to slow down a bit myself due to that issue.
Don't give up. You have crap eyesight but you're not in a wooden box just yet :smile:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Really sorry for you.
Said earlier in the thread, but would a trike help. Because of the extra stability it might allow you to ride more slowly to accommodate your vision.
Because of the expense, perhaps there is somewhere one could be hired from local or reasonably local to you, which could give you some sense of whether that is a sensible alternative in your circumstances.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Really sorry to read this @ayceejay :sad:
Of course you should continue to post on here if you can, you have experiences and stories to share.
+1 to the tandem idea, we have a blind tandem rider with sighted partner in our ladies group: well, they left us for the CTC group because they got too fast for us!
Don't sell your stuff just yet, explore other avenues first, as suggested above.
All the best! :hugs:

Top Bottom