It's all over for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
Is there a track you could use? not the same as outdoors but maybe an option? or one of the 4 wheel type recumbent bikes?

If not I'm sad to hear you having to quit due to this.

spen666

Legendary Member
I have been struggling for a while due to diabetic retinopathy. I've had a vitrectomy in both eyes and was hoping for the best I have new stronger glasses and I thought I could see quite well but...it was not to be I came off just riding around the block because my eyes do not react quickly enough.
So my question to you is: how do i sell my bikes and parts my helmets, shoes and clothing. Remember i am in Montreal Canada.

you will be selling them with free postage to England i presume.... in which case my address is..........and the cheque will be sent on receipt of the goods.

Seriously though, take care and as others have said, could a tandem partner be a solution?

ocianbricles

Good luck to you. I know it is not the same, but maybe a SmartTurbo Trainer and a big screen TV with some beautiful scenery would be a minor consolation.
Brilliant idea, that's exactly what I do! If fact I was just going to suggest that very same thing, when your suggestion popped up in front of me. Although I enjoy westerns as well.

Last edited:
I have been struggling for a while due to diabetic retinopathy. I've had a vitrectomy in both eyes and was hoping for the best I have new stronger glasses and I thought I could see quite well but...it was not to be I came off just riding around the block because my eyes do not react quickly enough.
So my question to you is: how do i sell my bikes and parts my helmets, shoes and clothing. Remember i am in Montreal Canada.
As someone who's had very many eye ops, including a total of 7 vitrectomies ( not bad for only two eyes...), I'd say persevere, at least for a while. Different reasons for the ops, so maybe other factors, of course. Either way, good vibes from West Devon!

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
@ayceejay

What an awful disease - my very best wishes for you and your family in the future.

Nit picking here and please don't take offense at me correcting you, but, diabetes is not a disease. It cannot be 'caught'. It is a condition brought about by the partial or complete failure of the pancreas. The complications arising from it are also not classed as diseases.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Type 1 diabetes is based on the partial or complete failure of the pancreas, and type 2 is based on resistance to insulin. A metabolic disorder.

Top Bottom