It's cheap, it's not clever, and it's teaching your grandmother to suck eggs, but nevertheless ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
About a year ago (when I morphed from rather keen MAMIL to seriously keen), I purchased a pair Funkier overshoes that my LBS said were waterproof.

This turned out not to be the case.

As this year's first wet Autumn slaps in the face are beginning to make their presence known, I'm looking into finding something far more more reliable, but until then, I've just been out and experimented with freezer bags over the shoes and under the overshoes.

They seem to work . :smile:

mattobrien

Guru
Are they breathable?:whistle:

About a year ago (when I morphed from rather keen MAMIL to seriously keen), I purchased a pair Funkier overshoes that my LBS said were waterproof.

This turned out not to be the case.

As this year's first wet Autumn slaps in the face are beginning to make their presence known, I'm looking into finding something far more more reliable, but until then, I've just been out and experimented with freezer bags over the shoes and under the overshoes.

They seem to work . :smile:

Water will still find its way in over the tops. All you can hope for with overshoes (any type) is that they keep your feet warm, even when wet.

Reactions: 4F

London Female

Über Member
Water will still find its way in over the tops. All you can hope for with overshoes (any type) is that they keep your feet warm, even when wet.

This was exactly my experience of some Endura overshoes. They kept my feet warm to the point I didn't actually notice just how wet my feet were until I took my shoes off in the car to change into dry socks and shoes.

VamP

Banned
I find that wearing waist high waders does the job of stopping water going over the top of overshoes. Sadly yet to find waders with cleat bolts though...

..and what are the pads like?

Top Bottom