It's new chain time again :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi again :-) :-)
It's new chain time again.As mine is looking a little worn. I can't.complain as its carried me well over 3000 miles and only cost me £2 from wilkos.
With money being tight ,I bought another cheapie chain today from Wilkos for the princely sum of £2 ,and was pleasantly surprised to see a different chain in the pack compared to last year's. This one was branded Taya and now sports blingy bright silver fish plates.
After a quick google of Taya they seem to sell from upwards of £15. A bargain chain for £2 I'm hoping :-) :-)

Good deal. I use their brake and gear cables too, never had any issues, although others will tell you different..

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Wilkinsons are devils for switching what's in their own-brand packs. You can't say anything about their products in general, as there's no telling how long it'll remain the same product.

They used Taya chain until a few years ago, but then switched to another make (possibly Yaban) which aren't anywhere near as good. I wonder if they're back to Taya for long. If so, I may get a couple and store them until needed.

One advantage of HG/FG/SS is that the excellent KMC B1 chain is under £10 and lasts for ages.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I would say if you buy a new chain from Wilkos ,just open the packet and have a sneaky look at the chain. The packaging is identical to last year's and you may end up with the old stock.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom