Its Ryder Cup Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I normally really enjoy it. I can't help but think he picked some players who imo should not be there.
I love watching Rory and Poulter but their recent form (again imo) doesn't justify them being included.
I really hope for a comeback but cannot see where it will come from.
Rory qualified by right……i get the poulter decision based on experience as the team is very young.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Rory qualified by right……i get the poulter decision based on experience as the team is very young.
I know he has won majors, but sometimes Rory reminds me of Colin Montgomerie, never quite pulling it out of the bag on the big occasions?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yes......I get the reasons. I just don't think their recent form should entitle them to be in the team.
I hope to be proved wrong.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Yes......I get the reasons. I just don't think their recent form should entitle them to be in the team.
I hope to be proved wrong.
Its not about entitlement though…..rory qualified through the points system like the other 8 players. Based on wins and form through 2 seasons of golf. Hes not a captains pick like poulter was. Also he is one of europes top international golfers.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I know he has won majors, but sometimes Rory reminds me of Colin Montgomerie, never quite pulling it out of the bag on the big occasions?
Really??? World Number 1, 4 time major winner, 6 time ryder cup player ( 4 wins)….countless european, pga and wins around the world

whats the lad got to do lol

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Really??? World Number 1, 4 time major winner, 6 time ryder cup player ( 4 wins)….countless european, pga and wins around the world

whats the lad got to do lol
Maybe I've just been unlucky with the tournaments I have watched as I seem to remember him blowing up a lot on the final day and slipping right down the leaderboards.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Personally i would change the qualification set up for the european team in line with americans…

6 qualifiers over the two year period….from european and world tour tournamentns
6 captains picks, so you can get more inform players into the team, when the time arrives and can choose from pga players, european tour too…..

getting so many players to stay inform over a 2 yr period is not easy

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It could be over already.
USA have 9 points after a day and a half.
Will European team get to 9 by the end of Sunday?

Slick

Guru
Maybe not but I don't think the European team has actually played all that terrible. Speith, Johnson and Finau have been class with only John Ram getting anywhere near their level. The yanks just have a better team this year but if I'm honest, I would have picked Poulter this year as well as he usually loves this format. I wouldn't have picked big Lowry but he has them rattled in this session. Let's hope they can give them a bit if a bloody nose this afternoon and keep it interesting for tomorrow.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

It could be over already.
USA have 9 points after a day and a half.
Will European team get to 9 by the end of Sunday?
If europe win this last session 3-1……then its the same score as going into the last day at medinha in 2012 and we know what happened there dont we

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Maybe not but I don't think the European team has actually played all that terrible. Speith, Johnson and Finau have been class with only John Ram getting anywhere near their level. The yanks just have a better team this year but if I'm honest, I would have picked Poulter this year as well as he usually loves this format. I wouldn't have picked big Lowry but he has them rattled in this session. Let's hope they can give them a bit if a bloody nose this afternoon and keep it interesting for tomorrow.
I agree and also i would have gone for rose than lowry, as playing away from home with no fans is not easy for a rookie and rose would have added more experience to the team BUT, rose has not been playing well this season, so both are a gamble

Top Bottom