Its Ryder Cup Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
What we thinking as we start to enter the back 9 in the early matches???
Much what I was thinking on Friday night.

Big Shane playing really well and nice that Rory has finally turned up.

Sergio just sank a belter but a bit exposed without his mate who is also struggling a bit on his own.

Go down fighting boys.:okay:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Europeans leaving so many putts short…… i was always told in matchplay, never up, never in. Got to give the ball a chance to catch the hole

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Whos getting the 9pts we need just to retain the cup???

i cant see wins from poulter, mcilroy, westwood or casey………so won of them needs to step up.

i can see points from rahm, garcia, lowry, hovland, …….but again we need hatton, fitzpatrick, weisberger and fleetwood to win too, i just think its way too big of an ask

This morning that's exactly how I saw it....but ............

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Hopefully the european tour will take a long hard look on the qualifying criteria for future teams…..i honestly believe its time to match the US qualifying and go 6 for 6…..

so thats 6 qualify outright through tournament play and then

6 captians picks, so you get more scope to pick the more inform players leading upto the match…..otherwise i can see a decade of european losses against what is a very young and hungry US team

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Hopefully the european tour will take a long hard look on the qualifying criteria for future teams…..i honestly believe its time to match the US qualifying and go 6 for 6…..

so thats 6 qualify outright through tournament play and then

6 captians picks, so you get more scope to pick the more inform players leading upto the match…..otherwise i can see a decade of european losses against what is a very young and hungry US team
Not sure it would have made any difference (this time).
Two things that did IMO. These young yanks
A have known and liked (with exceptions!) Each other for years. Strange as it seems to say it THIS time USA were a TEAM.
B their new guys came in without the pressure of past failures, which has weighed heavily on their recent performances.

A couple of years ago it looked like England (in particular) had a promising crop of new players coming through, but we are lacking new young major winning talent. We need more performers who qualify automatically pushing out the old guard.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Not sure it would have made any difference (this time).
Two things that did IMO. These young yanks
A have known and liked (with exceptions!) Each other for years. Strange as it seems to say it THIS time USA were a TEAM.
B their new guys came in without the pressure of past failures, which has weighed heavily on their recent performances.

A couple of years ago it looked like England (in particular) had a promising crop of new players coming through, but we are lacking new young major winning talent. We need more performers who qualify automatically pushing out the old guard.
The last 3 automatic qualifiers were - westwood, fitzpatrick and weisberger, they didnt get many points did they.

So they would have been replaced with 3 captains picks, which means rose could have played and 2 other inform players at the time……and then you never know what would happen.

but its gone now and changes need to be made before italy 2022

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Can I ask how the scoring works for Foursomes? Each pair takes turn to hit the ball? But why is the final score something like "2&1" - what do those numbers mean?

Top Bottom