Its Ryder Cup Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Even I can’t see how Europe can blow it from here.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The Americans usually seem to do much better in the singles, lets hope they don't do well enough.

Even if they win two thirds of the matches, it still won’t be enough.
I think Europe have enough quality to put this to bed early. Get 2 quick points in the first four or five matches and heads will drop in the US team.
My only worry is that the US have improved with every session, I just hope they haven’t improved enough.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Suddenly looking awfully close.
Momentum is all with USA.

Slick

Guru
Great finish but anyone who didn't see the Americans making a fight of it doesn't understand the history of the competition.

Great to see the boy from Oban finishing strong, well done Bob, we are all proud of you and your efforts this weekend. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Highlights of final round now on BBC2.

Surprised how unexcited I'e become about the Ryder Cup

Possibly because home advantage seems to make such a big difference that it’s becoming almost impossible to win an away series.
And the fans behaviour does seem to be getting worse on both sides.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I was surprised to hear 'them' say that the home captain (in this case Luke Donald) has the course designed to suit the players he has.
That alone must cost megabucks.
The whole team flew by private jet a few weeks prior....to get a feel for the course.
And they claim the players don't get paid. Yeah, right.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I was surprised to hear 'them' say that the home captain (in this case Luke Donald) has the course designed to suit the players he has.
That alone must cost megabucks.
The whole team flew by private jet a few weeks prior....to get a feel for the course.
And they claim the players don't get paid. Yeah, right.

The ”design” will be the amount and thickness of rough and the placement of pins and tee boxes.
The course itself is chosen years in advance.

Top Bottom