It's.....so......pretty......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
My dumb phone is a Samsung. Apple missed out on my business by not catering to the "I just want a phone and don't want to walk about in public like a zombie" market. Next time there's a recession they'll regret not having my £20.

Drago

Legendary Member
In a shop t'other day and the woman at the till asked for my email address. I whipped out my battered old Samsung tough phone and said, "do I look like a guy who has an email address"? She stared at me dumbfounded, and quietly took my money.

Had I been an iPhone owner I'd have had to simply refuse, which would have felt so rude.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
In a shop t'other day and the woman at the till asked for my email address. I whipped out my battered old Samsung tough phone and said, "do I look like a guy who has an email address"? She stored at me dumbfounded, and quietly took my money.

Had I been an iPhone owner I'd have had to simply refuse, which would have felt so rude.
Good to see the tough phone predictive text is working.

Wobblers

Euthermic
A demi-TMN to @Bollo

Denied.

He mentioned its secondary purpose as an additional light source for the facial recognition. I pointed out Samsung's innovation of being first to market with the auto firelighting feature. I don't think that they received enough credit for that outstanding achievement, do you?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
In all seriousness how on Earth are we in a situation where a phone costs in excess of £1000 (around £1100 for the bigger memory version).

I know they play music, take pictures, run 'videos' etc but at it's heart it is still a phone.

I've had a 'mobile' since the mid-90's - initially as in-car installs and then the proverbial Yuppie brick. Over time these morphed into small units that you could talk and text on and that became relatively cheap and then there was an explosion of latest, greatest features and subsequent huge rises in pricing.

I have a friend who has just ordered a 'Ten' and he is gushing about it. He has what I think is a Seven at the moment but... he doesn't always take it with him during his various outdoor activities in case it gets damaged. Instead he takes his second phone which is a cheapie with a sim only contract. Bonkers situation in my opinion.

Slick marketing in a world gone mad.

Footnote: I've a Nokia Lumia something--or-other, runs Windows, cost £45, sim only @ £9 pm - does the job and I don't cry when I drop it etc. :smile:

Sorry for sounding grumpy today but it is yet another day of rain here in The Lakes. :angry:

OP
OP
M

Markymark

In all seriousness how on Earth are we in a situation where a phone costs in excess of £1000........ but at it's heart it is still a phone.
To you maybe. To me it's a phone, music player, video player, camera, satnav, email, internet, shop etc etc. I find it good value for all those things. If you only see it as one tiny element of the whole package then it has a different value to you.

Just because it evolved form just a phone, doesn't make it just a phone any more than a computer is not just a calculator and therefor should only cost £5.

Top Bottom