It's.....so......pretty......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I a large modern smartphone meets the description of being both mobile and pocket sized. As soon as you understand that it doesn't then everything else makes sense....take your time

Maybe Markymark's got deeper pockets than you?

Drago

Legendary Member
Actually, with the amount of gushing going on here, about what is basically an over-priced phone, it is more akin to the Second Coming.

People never used to get so excited in the old days. "You know Cyril from number 4? Well, the flash git has only gone and got himself one of those two tone trim phones. Yep, the light grey one with the dark grey receiver. Yeah, more money than sense that one" was not the course of a common conversation.

People will be getting excited about fridges next.

OP
OP
M

Markymark

People never used to get so excited in the old days. "You know Cyril from number 4? Well, the flash git has only gone and got himself one of those two tone trim phones. Yep, the light grey one with the dark grey receiver. Yeah, more money than sense that one" was not the course of a common conversation.

I distinctly remember conversations about what neighbours had when I was younger. I agree it wasn't about phones, granted, but it was about cars, house stuff etc.

I daresay when you were young it was about what woolly-mammoth bashing club the neighbouring tribe had.

OP
OP
M

Markymark

I wonder what unloved common item will become de rigeur in the future? The toaster? The remote control? The heating thermostat?
Anything that costs a fortune making some people jealous:whistle:

Swarovski is for tacky Cheshire housewife wannabes...
Agreed. If you want crystal in your bathroom, this is the way to go

article-1292275-0A557D77000005DC-981_634x390.jpg

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

When Pa Bollo was in the RAF in the'70s and '80s, there was a certain skill to avoiding "the callout" - essentially a summons to work to either practice for or participate in WW III. As the summons could occur by phone, the safest way to avoid work was to not have a phone, so we never had a phone.

I think I've inherited Pa B's trait as I love tech (see Bollo's Di2 threads passim) but have no interest in phones. I'm currently rocking Bolletta's old 4S, which was a big step up from my last brick.

When Pa Bollo was in the RAF in the'70s and '80s, there was a certain skill to avoiding "the callout" - essentially a summons to work to either practice for or participate in WW III. As the summons could occur by phone, the safest way to avoid work was to not have a phone, so we never had a phone.

I think I've inherited Pa B's trait as I love tech (see Bollo's Di2 threads passim) but have no interest in phones. I'm currently rocking Bolletta's old 4S, which was a big step up from my last brick.
Reported as a true story:

When you're on "reserve" with an airline, you fly when they tell you to fly. Being unable to be contacted is a lesser offense than refusing or missing an assigned trip.

This captain gets an "A" for his creativity in avoiding an assignment. When crew scheduling woke him up at 3 A.M. to assign him to a 5 A.M. departure, he passed the phone to his wife and said in a voice loud enough for them to hear on the other end, "Here, darling, I think it's someone calling for your husband."

Crew scheduling omitted the usual question and answer period.

Drago

Legendary Member
Another interesting phenomenon of this iPhone X is the way the press have pounced on it. Big stories everywhere. I appreciate that it is likely to be a popular product, but is it really news? Gullible, unwitting advertising seems more like it.

Top Bottom