It's.....so......pretty......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I retired six months ago and prior to that didn't have to worry about the cost or choice of phone. Like others on here the mobile gave me real work benefits. I like the iPhone and dug an unused 5S*** out of a drawer the day I retired.

The thought of £50/60+ a month (my usual work bill) was too much for me. I found an EE PAYG offer of 50 texts, 30 minutes calls and 50mb data for £1/week. I've yet to exceed the text and calls. Obviously 50mb data is useless. I find if I'm at "home," by which I mean in my local area, I don't need data as I can pick up wi fi everywhere, many shops, supermarket, pub, restaurant. I'd guess 80% of these simply log me in when I arrive. If I'm "away" travelling I like to have data and can buy 1GB for £5 which lasts 30 days or until it's used up, whichever comes first.

I fully understand wanting the iPhone X as I love having the newest and best bike I can afford.

My 5S appears to do everything others describe and subsequent models achieve. What I don't understand is the lack of advancement in these products. I realise cameras are better, speed fractionally faster etc. but there's no real advance.

The one major advance which is needed is decent battery life. I'm a heavy user when traveling though even that is overcome with a power pack for £14.99.

*** that's a BIG issue. How many millions of phones are sat in drawers unused? We have four. The little Motorola flip top got used last week. Loved it. Probably been there for three years and powered up immediately with no charging.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
"Technology's great"?

Top Bottom