ITV in with new Cycling Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes it was disappointing but I'll give it a few more goes.

Yes the "jaunty cap" thing is overdone to the point that anyone doing it now is bound to look like a **at - clearly it's become a new sheep trend. LMNH clearly has a good verging on overdone PR outfit - the News 24 TdF coverage featured several folk wearing LMNH-branded jaunty caps just happening to wander past the camera.

Personally after their recent coverage I'll be staying away from there more than usual.

Hemmingway was cleary pretending to be a complete novice for the sake of the intro to city cycling piece - fair enough if it encourages folk to get out.

Yes Obree looks nuts but his (I think it was his) wobbling tip was good - I do a fair bit of that approaching junctions/situations where cars might think they can turn across me.

wobble on.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
let's have some answers

is a tv show about cycling a goer?
what kind of format might it be?
if it's segments, what might those segments be about?

my view is that if it is done in segments then it might be split four ways
a) beginners - these people can help you explore the countryside, get around town (and, yes, Wayne Hemingway, who is no mean cyclist, did do a decent job)
b) aspirationals - yes, you too can cycle to Paris/JoG
c) expert/competitive - from Audax to Olympics - not really my thing, but with Team GB doing so well there'll never be a better time

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hmmm...watching it now. Clearly low budget, clearly on a learning curve, but not half as bad as it could have been.
Main presenter: Oh dear. This guy annoyed me on the London Nocturne highlights programme and he's not growing on me.
Our Nige: The guy is not a raconteur, but he is at least a cyclist and genuine supporter of cycling. He did a JOG-Paris run in 11 days last month, BTW. And there will be other guests....
Like Gary & Graham: legends, the pair of them. Worth every second of screen time.
Wayne Hemingway: Not patronising, made some good points about city cycling safely.
Rob Hayles: Yes, rough....but he knows his stuff and that came across well.

It needs time, I hope it'll get it.

Doseone

Guru
Marcel Wust did a road test of the Windymilla Massive Attack in Pro Cycling a month or two ago. He loved the bike and likened them to cycling's version of Rip Curl or Billabong. The bike was just shy of £10k though although it was a pretty top end spec.

I'd say good luck to anyone who is trying to promote bikes and cycling in the UK in whatever format, and that includes the makers of the Cycling Show.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The feedback elsewhere does smack a bit of 'we're British so we hate it when people make an effort'.

Sent from my FondleSlab using Tapatalk HD

I thought it was excellent. There was a gentleman with a motor-racing background and he was just charisma on legs.

I liked the jaunty caps. I found them jaunty.

I liked the bit where they showed what Box Hill looks like. I found it Boxy.

There was a lot of talking in a very hip cafe and a mad-looking sweaty sock who looked as though he could pedal quite fast on a washing machine or similar if rumour is to be believed.

Also (and my favourite bit) there was the attached excellent interview with Millar and Cavendish. It was filmed last year, but they were right to include it as it contains some glorious insight into the factors that drive these uber-elite athletes to the highs they achieve with such apparent ease.

I attach a file here for the interview:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akhgXpHRHGY

let's have some answers

is a tv show about cycling a goer?
what kind of format might it be?
if it's segments, what might those segments be about?

my view is that if it is done in segments then it might be split four ways
a) beginners - these people can help you explore the countryside, get around town (and, yes, Wayne Hemingway, who is no mean cyclist, did do a decent job)
b) aspirationals - yes, you too can cycle to Paris/JoG
c) expert/competitive - from Audax to Olympics - not really my thing, but with Team GB doing so well there'll never be a better time
d) Commuting
e) Funky gadgets and product reviews

Top Bottom