ITV in with new Cycling Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
it wasn't bad. but equaly it wasn't great. Obre was batshit crazy and certainly looked like the mad jock we alll avoid in the pub even though they are harmless. thought he was great. I am not going to try that lie down bike !!
Gary fisher was a bit bonkers but hey he is american and the mountains might have shaken his brain a bit.

Wayne hemmingway needs taking down a dark alley and beating with an innertube. why oh why oh why so much about wear a helmet. even Mansell was banging on about that.

the sprint challenge was good and Obree showed his track pedigree by continuing to slowly pedal after the challenge was over , to "warm down" the box hill section was OK .

maybe next episode will be better

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
When the presenterbot told Obre that his bike wouldn't catch on he looked hurt.

Mansell has a broken collar bone? Is Mansell the most accident prone 'sports' celeb ever?

Sent from my FondleSlab using Tapatalk HD

martint235

Dog on a bike
That programme will set cycling back in Britain, not promote it! They wheeled out two nutters and an overweight ex-driver. It looked so amateurish and batty; why can't they do something slick and visually inspiring like Coast or Countryfile? It's all down to budget I guess.
Just watched it. Really glad I hadn't read this thread before I did though. Talk about glass half empty. It was a first go and they had to cover the TdF. I thought the piece on the Olympic Route was okish apart from the film cutting ("we're just on the climb now", er no you're not cos the viewing point is at the top). The Wayne Hemingway was amateurish. The Sprint challenge a hoot.

But, and the reason I've quoted the post, how can anyone refer to Gary Fisher as a nutter on a cycling forum and get away with it? The guy is a legend. Just imagine thowing yourself down a mountain on a bike before the MTB had been designed.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
It was average in my opinion, but hey it's the first show, I'm sure it's going to improve. Rob hayles presenting skills left a lot to be desired

lb81

Just watched it on itv player. It was ok but at 22 mins its a bit short to have any decent features! Thought Graeme Obree & Gary Fisher were great but otherwise am i the only one that found it all a little patronising?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sandra6

Veteran
I was hoping for something like a cross between Top Gear and the gadget show -but with bikes, what I got was more Lorraine meets something really bad and boring, I can't even think of another programme so rubbish.
They seemed to have really good ideas for segments, but then just didn't run with them.
Like the bit with Hemmingway - wouldn't it have been better to have reconstructions of silly cycling and show people what to do to stay safe?
And the cycling up box hill, who won?! I would've rather seen five different bikes and had them compared for performance.
And the noise from people in the cafe behind them was ridiculous -did they not realise they were filming?!

Reactions: gaz

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
safety advice .... wear a helmet .... :sad:
Obree was great, Fisher irritating, actually, I though Mansell OK and hadn't realised what he was doing for cycling. Good man.
Hermmingway bit could have been waaay better. If we want to talk safety, let's start with a bit of Cycle-craft ....

Everybody looked horribly self concious.

Top Bottom