ITV in with new Cycling Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul J

It was about exciting as the Caravan Show or a puncture in the middle of the night with howling wind and rain, infact just crap!

Col5632

Guru
Doesnt sound like it was great, i'll give it a watch and see what i think to it :laugh:

betty swollocks

large member
The first advert between the parts one and two, (for my area at least) was a car ad with Corsas racing round spewing coloured smoke. Didn't think that was particularly in keeping.......

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
What a ridiculous name, (Wyndy Milla not Nigel Mansell or M.B.). Also the model names are equally ridiculous, Big Geranium, Beastie Boy!

and IMO the paint jobs all look stoopid too. Guess they are either aiming directly at the yoof market, or they aren't expecting to sell many :whistle:
don't buy one, then!

martint235

Dog on a bike
The first advert between the parts one and two, (for my area at least) was a car ad with Corsas racing round spewing coloured smoke. Didn't think that was particularly in keeping.......
Do people really take note of whether an advert matches a programme? Of course Wiggle et al will get in there, it's their target. But itv aren't going to say "sorry Vauxhall but your money isn't welcome. This is a cycling show"

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
there were shortfalls. Nigel Mansell has something to say, but his delivery wasn't the best. I think that the producers might want to take stock and ask themselves whether a chat show + taped segments format can be shot in a public place - most chat shows have multiple takes and are pretty tightly scripted - and this was clearly neither of those. Picking Obree was both clever and brave, and I think it pretty much came off.

And again....how many people who know their stuff would make decent presenters? Turn the thing around and spool back to the horrendous Gadget Show ep which had brakes on the wrong side of the forks and presenters riding £10k road bikes with trainers on. So, whatever the shortcomings of Rob Hayles (and, yes, his commentary was dire) at least he knew what he was on about. And Obree's comment about the course was spot on - there's a problem with the Road Race course, and my guess is that the risks that Hayles spoke of will be turned in to blood and tears.

So.......more scripting, which means better preparation. That's not easy - I don't know what the budget was, but I do know that Cash in the Attic was pumped out for £22k an episode for a 43% share, so I would imagine that there's not a lot of time and not a lot of choice about the presenters.

Gary Fisher was good value - he spoke in sentences, he was happy to be there, he steadied Obree a little, He's in pretty good shape as well.

And, sorry, but Hemingway was just great. I'm not a helmet wearer, but his contribution was pithy, precise, and probably pitched right on the attention span cusp.

All in all - a decent start. I suspect that Century TV's intention is to make it a multi-platform effort, and CRC's sponsorship probably points the way forward - in five years time only the biggest broadcast shows will be paying more than broadband output.

D

Deleted member 20519

If you missed it last night :blush: , you can watch it here. http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=322052

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I was behind a geezer in a WyndyMilla jersey on a Sportive a few weeks ago. I thought they had a racing team, competed in the Halfords Tour Series a couple of years back? As for their bikes, they remind me of a more garish version of Surly. Not really for me but better than being plain and boring, possibly...

Top Bottom