ITV in with new Cycling Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NeoCaesar

I think Graeme just looked like a crazy man -which he is...

Nigel Mansell together with Magnus Backstedt are behind a new brand of British bike (Wyndy Milla).
What a ridiculous name, (Wyndy Milla not Nigel Mansell or M.B.). Also the model names are equally ridiculous, Big Geranium, Beastie Boy!

and IMO the paint jobs all look stoopid too. Guess they are either aiming directly at the yoof market, or they aren't expecting to sell many :whistle:

Doseone

Guru
What a ridiculous name, (Wyndy Milla not Nigel Mansell or M.B.). Also the model names are equally ridiculous, Big Geranium, Beastie Boy!

and IMO the paint jobs all look stoopid too. Guess they are either aiming directly at the yoof market, or they aren't expecting to sell many :whistle:
I think they are too expensive for the youth market, they seem to be aiming top end. The bikes are British ish:laugh: Frames made in Italy. Can't see them really catching on.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Why did the blue Obree arrow keep on turning after the sprint challenge had finished? The bike appeared to go on for at least 500 metres more with nobody riding it.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Oh god, what a disappointment.

Boring host, poor setting, rubbish guests (except Greame who I love but you wouldn't let him near your kitchen knives) and very little content.

Really, it can't be that hard to format a show about a sport (pastime, hobby etc) with so much diversity!

In the interests of being constructive..

They started the show as I would have, a tribute to wiggo, but lose the boring host, keep the venue if you must, although I think a studio would be best for some of the interactive stuff (think Blue Peter) I would like to see and add more content. The Wayne Hemingway part was so embarrassing, amateur at best.

After the wiggo tribute, an introduction spelling out why the shows on, a round up of why cycling is riding high at the moment, Olympics, some stats on bike sales etc and straight into a report on the types of bicycles currently available from BMX to commuters to proper road bikes and then each week do a group test on 3 of each category, first week could have been road bikes with the tdf being so popular, next week hybrids and so on...

The box hill ride was ok as it went some way to explaining the peloton etc and of course the Olympics start is just around the corner.

Maybe some new kit previews or even a beginners kit guide? New innovations, trikes, bents...

A guide to joining a club?

A review of some mountain bike trails?

A round up of each sport from who is doing well in BMX racing and cycle cross to the Veledrome events in Manchester.

A serious report on the dangers road cyclists face from idiotic car drivers using helmet cam footage?

Any of this would involve viewers of all levels but did you hear the warning signs at the end of the show...send us in any videos you think we might find funny...~~shudder~~ it's gonna be you've been framed on two wheels.

Who would be a good 'face' for it? Suzy Perry? An ex racer perhaps? Victoria Pendleton after she retires?

They didn't get that it is all about the bike, where were the bikes?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
We - I mean the kind of person who spends time on cycling forums - are probably the worst audience for this new, happening media-driven sport. That said, I'm not sure the producer has got beyond the concepts of new and happening and media-driven, the sound engineer needs to use his ears, and the presenter needs to engage with his guests.

Still, the thought of hundreds of people throwing themselves downhill and off-road off Alpe d'Huez simultaneously looks mad enough to make me want to watch the next edition.

Top Bottom