ITV in with new Cycling Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
very boring show.some folk sat in a noisy cafe talking about bikes,repeatedly asking the same questions and getting the same answers.
Nigel mansell must be one of the most boring people to ever interview.
Wheres the chuffing bike action!!!!!

WhyTF was Nigel Mansell interviewed????!!! I don't remember him EVER doing anything notable on a bike.

Of all the cycling guests they could have had they chose the most boring man in the Isle of Man who was famed for his motor racing 30 years ago. Barmy! WTF are the producers playing at?

Why not get some one like Andrew Ritchey on, the creator of the Brompton. Thousands are ridden around London and through out the UK everyday. A British company that has done extremely well and still makes it's bikes in the UK.

Doseone

Guru
WhyTF was Nigel Mansell interviewed????!!! I don't remember him EVER doing anything notable on a bike.

Of all the cycling guests they could have had they chose the most boring man in the Isle of Man who was famed for his motor racing 30 years ago. Barmy! WTF are the producers playing at?

Why not get some one like Andrew Ritchey on, the creator of the Brompton. Thousands are ridden around London and through out the UK everyday. A British company that has done extremely well and still makes it's bikes in the UK.

Didn't see the programme, but Nigel Mansell together with Magnus Backstedt are behind a new brand of British bike (Wyndy Milla) and I think are providing the bikes to a race team. I think he pumps quite a bit of his own money into cycling.

Crankarm

Guru
Didn't see the programme, but Nigel Mansell together with Magnus Backstedt are behind a new brand of British bike (Wyndy Milla) and I think are providing the bikes to a race team. I think he pumps quite a bit of his own money into cycling.

So a bit of free advertising for yet another bike brand backed by a motor racing has been? Is Mansell perhaps feeling a little guilty for following a "sport" with a hugemongous carbon footprint so is now trying to atone by jumping on the cycling band wagon?

172traindriver

Legendary Member

Mansell is mixed up with the Uk Youth team that were in the Halfrauds Tour Series, and they did quite well. Both his sons used to be in the squad. I am sure that one was still in the squad this year.
You could always wonder if they were there purely due to their talent or possibly their fathers role.........a bit like Ferguson senior and junior at Man U etc.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I thought CRC were sponsoring it? So we have Halfords apparently behind it. Enough said.
No. The TV production company that make the programme are the same as made the Halfords Tour Series programmes (I believe). Chain Reaction are the sponsors

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
OK, just watched it:

1st part - They did need to cover the TDF, so I can understand that. UK Youth is owned by Nigel Mansell, so I can understand why he's there. But he is boring. Graeme Obree is a genius but an absolute loony.

2nd part - Wayne Hemingway was either hamming it up or is plain stupid. Also, it wasn't that well done. The sprint challenge was OK, but otherwise not that interesting.

It seems like they're trying to be the cycling version of 5th gear; hold it in a cafe, fun stuff but not any good overall. However, are we their audience? Top Gear isn't really for motoring enthusiasts, yet I watch it.

Andrius.B

To say the truth, it was quite boring. What do you want to hear and see on a cycling show BTW?
Anyway, lets hope the second series is better.

I tried to view this show as objectively as I could, that is from a non hardened cyclist or a beginners point of view.. I had the impression that they were trying to be a bit too trendy by holding it in a noisy cafe - very distracting. The interviewer [whoever he was] didn't listen to what his guests had to say and so there was no interaction, get someone interesting who has a passion for cycling and this show might work. Nigel Mansell was, well NIgel Mansell, when you consider how many interesting people you could get hold of, then it went further downhill for me when NM said "wear a helmet".
Very interested to hear what others thought.

Top Bottom