ITV4 Le Tour highlights coverage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Crikey is it just me or is the ITV4 highlights absolute rubbish !

I have just watched the first 20 minutes of re-run after re-run of previous stages ( which is duplicated every flippin night!) then the actual 5 hour race was condensed into a total of 4 minutes and all we see is the last kilometre of bends and the finish !...:smile:
what a swizz its absolute rubbish. Thank god I have recorded most of the tour from Sky UK Eurosport otherwise you'd see nothing of the tour at all.

The best bit is the finale music and helecopter scenes

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
That is the condensed Highlights of the first week. I think ITV4 are doing a great job summarising the Tour in the allotted Hour.

OP
OP
P

peanut

well its just me then. I just think that ITV4 are trying to do too much in half an hour. Trying to be all things to all viewers.
I just want to watch the riders and the fabulous scenery with a bit of occasional narration .Total immersion

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I think ITV4 are doing a reasonable job of squeezing it all in but the advert breaks are being flogged like Max. Do the rules governing total advertising time within a programme only apply to the big four channels?

Don't you want to win the £2000 so you can kit your family out with 'top of the range roadbikes', like they show in the photo ?

(looks more like 4 kids wearing and-I-use-this-word-intentionally-:laugh: kagouls sitting on £59.99 Motorworld-special MTB's to me...)

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mondobongo

Über Member
andy_wrx said:
(looks more like 4 kids wearing and-I-use-this-word-intentionally-:tongue: kagouls sitting on £59.99 Motorworld-special MTB's to me...)

:smile::biggrin::biggrin:

I think the same whenever the picture comes up, not very inspiring at all.

Noodley

Come to think of it...<was it here or bikeradar that the ITV chap posted?> If it was here: more "real" stuff would be good for next year. The camping article was good (a bit short, but good), and it gave a sense of the fans and the whole spectacle. A daily "magazine" article along the same lines, looking at different perspectives would be great :smile: I bet it was bikeradar and this post was a waste of time...

mondobongo

Über Member
They have always tried to cover things with a difference who can forget the shower with Robbie McEwen the day he dropped his bike and picked up some road rash. The Camping segment was really good and lets hope they can slot something else in on the same lines.

Coverage next Wednesday should be good as well far sooner have Ligget and Co than dull old Eurosport.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I would say that the ITV4 highlights prog is good in it's own way. You get most of the real action, plus a bit about the region and towns that feature on the day and a bit about the tour organisation. It is a good magazine type program. I do watch Eurosport when I can but still watch the highlights in the evening.

Phixion

The ITV highlights yesterday reminded me of Glastonbury coverage! They showed at least 30 mins of non-racing stuff then finally let us see a few KM of racing for the last 20 mins (minus the breaks).

dodgy

Noodley said:
Good feature tonight with the overnight camping :biggrin: gave a bit of "reality" to it all.

I liked that, we very seldom see the stuff that goes on from the spectator's perspective, after all, many of us harbour thoughts of attending a stage one day. I'd be bored senseless by watching pure cycling for an hour or 30 minutes or whatever, I like the punctuations provided by the trivia etc.

Top job ITV4.

Dave.

Top Bottom