IYKYK - phrases you use some won’t understand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Since when did 'Goat' be used to describe something?? ....like....'he's the goat' meaning 'he's the best' etc.
Still, bee-knees is old & confusing, maybe 'goat' is just easier to remember....

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Since when did 'Goat' be used to describe something?? ....like....'he's the goat' meaning 'he's the best' etc.
Still, bee-knees is old & confusing, maybe 'goat' is just easier to remember....

it stands for Greatest Of All Time. I would say it's only in common use if you follow famous YouTubers; they coin phrases and then (mostly younger) people adopt it. I've never heard anyone say it apart from 10 year olds and some YouTubers

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
F*ckin' A !

This is turning into a TV and movie quote thread, but despite that this is a phrase I occasionally use at work, in context:

“I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit… it’s the only way to be sure”.

Rarely someone will offer the correct response.

The correct reply would be to agree....its from Aliens. This is, BTW, what I think should be done to Eton since it gave us Cameron & Johnson.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I watched the film a couple of weeks ago. Nowhere near as good as Alien - it lacked the suspense and fear, it just became a random shooting game with lots of swearing. Still fun though

I like them both. Alien is a horror film in space, Aliens is a shoot’emup in space. Different genres really. Alien³ is bearable but after that it all gets a bit derivative.

Top Bottom