IYKYK - phrases you use some won’t understand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I canna change the laws of physics Jim.

yello

In keeping with the Star Trek theme, "it's life Jim but not as we know it"

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Great Maker!

You are finite, Zathras is finite, this is wrong tool... (note, replace tool with whatever it is you are rummaging for)

No BOOM today, BOOM tomorrow. There's always a BOOM tomorrow.

The avalanche has started. It's too late for the pebbles to vote.

Why is it always thin air? Why is it never fat air, chubby air, mostly-fit-but-could-stand-to-lose-a-few-pounds air?

Do not thump the Book of G'Quan. It is disrespectful.

There is a hole in your mind...

No5 is Mr Garibaldi from Babylon 5, one of my faves.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
All the same classic comedy sources, but we go slightly off-centre…

(The kettle, like…) “the bro is onnnn.” Airplane 2, courtroom jive. Then for a flourish on delivering the associated cuppa, “just dried leaves. Boiled”. HHG

Whenever one is found in the house: “one huge spider. Polite though.” HHG

“Got to have a system, you’ve gotta have a system.” Usually followed by “Pulp, Blur, Oasis, Echobelly!” Mid 90s Harry Hill before he sold out 🤣

As well as the usual cunning plans, 2 spikes being an extravagance, can we come in for a gloat?s from various Blackadders.

There are some more modern ones, often from Taskmaster, but time will tell whether they endure. 😄

"Huge as office blocks, silent as birds, they hung in the air the same way bricks don't" HHG

"I'll never be cruel to a gin & tonic again" HHG (Tom baker's version in Pirate Planet, "I'll never be cruel to a particle accelerator...")

"The more you overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain" Montgomery Scott circa 2370(ish)

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Oh, no more buttered scones for me, mater. I'm off to play the grand piano.

I use this quite often, more recently when someone down the Rugby club was bragging about his rotisserie

No5 is Mr Garibaldi from Babylon 5, one of my faves.

From one of my favourite episodes.

Of course, the Zarg storyline is a bit umm... camp, but Neroon!

Congratulations Delenn. Power beckons. And who among us is able to ignore its siren song?

A religious zealot propelled by prophecy into a position of religious and political power? Always a bad idea...

Top Bottom