IYKYK - phrases you use some won’t understand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
'It's time l got back on my head'

That's the punchline of a joke about the new entrant to hell. He's offered a choice of torments: hot coals, torture with spikes and so forth, then sees an option where the condemned are waist deep in sewage but get given tea and biscuits. That doesn't seem too bad so he chooses that, then a daemon walks in and announces "tea break over lads. Back on your 'eads!"

The punchline was a catch phrase we used in work at the end of dinner time. First time a colleague said it half of us giggled and the rest looked utterly blank

Last edited:

colly

Re member eR
That's the punchline of a joke about the new entrant to hell. He's offered a choice of torments: hot coals, torture with spikes and so forth, then sees an option where the condemned are waist deep in sewage but get given tea and biscuits. That doesn't seem too bad so he chooses that, then a daemon walks in and announces "tea break over lads. Back on your 'eads!"

Quite right. :okay: ^_^

figbat

Slippery scientist
This is turning into a TV and movie quote thread, but despite that this is a phrase I occasionally use at work, in context:

“I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit… it’s the only way to be sure”.

Rarely someone will offer the correct response.

Top Bottom