Jaguar 4x4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Errr..... Bentley and Roll's Royce are the same company

BMW own Rolls, VW own Bentley.

KneesUp

Guru
[QUOTE 3472920, member: 45"]I have a car that does that. It cost less than £10k. New.

Not knocking your choice. What you drive is completely up to you.[/QUOTE]
I have a car that does that. It cost me £1,200. There is not a think wrong with it.

Not knocking your choice. What you drive is completely up to you. (And thanks for taking the depreciation hit for me :smile: )

MarkF

Guru
I don't get it, Bentley to me means something different to a British marque owned by Germans who can't afford to build it, so farm it out to Slovaks, look at at the cars made in Slovakia, where is the intrinsic value, the reason to pay big bucks?

My Cherokee was designed and made in the USA, it looked like it and drove like it, there was no smoke and mirrors, bloody hell that Bentley is one ugly car.

KneesUp

Guru
I don't get it, Bentley to me means something different to a British marque owned by Germans who can't afford to build it, so farm it out to Slovaks, look at at the cars made in Slovakia, where is the intrinsic value, the reason to pay big bucks?

My Cherokee was designed and made in the USA, it looked like it and drove like it, there was no smoke and mirrors, bloody hell that Bentley is one ugly car.
Why does it matter where a car is built?

MarkF

Guru
Why does it matter where a car is built?

It'd matter to me if I was funding big bucks for a "special" car, it would not feel "special" to me if it was assembled by the lowest paid workers in the EU. This goes back to intrinsic/added/built-in value, something that makes something special, I wouldn't want a Rolex assembled by wage slaves in Tirana.

It's a scam, reminds me of the Chinese "Range Rover Evoque", I am not the only one to think it looked better and at £14k versus £40K? These luxury car makers are going to disappear up their own arses chasing cheap, they'll have no USP left.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...manufacturer-launches-brazen-copy-roader.html

KneesUp

Guru
Sorry my fault:surrender:. My boss own's a Roll's Royce and cant stand BMW's, Wail till i tell him hes driving one :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Surely he must know? It beggars belief that one could spend that much and know so little about it. Rolls is to BMW as Lexus is to Toyota.

KneesUp

Guru
It'd matter to me if I was funding big bucks for a "special" car, it would not feel "special" to me if it was assembled by the lowest paid workers in the EU. This goes back to intrinsic/added/built-in value, something that makes something special, I wouldn't want a Rolex assembled by wage slaves in Tirana.
Is it just the amount they are paid you object to? Would it "feel special" if it were built by Slovaks paid the same rate as Germans, for example?

Peteaud

Veteran
BMW owns: Mini and Rolls Royce.

Fiat owns: Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Ferrari, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati, Ram and SRT.

Ford Motor Company owns: Lincoln and a small stake in Mazda.

General Motors owns:
Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC. GM owns a controlling interest in Opel and Vauxhall in Europe and Holden in Australia. (The U.S. Treasury Department is in the process of selling off the remaining GM stock holidngs.)

Honda owns:
Acura.

Hyundai owns: Kia.

Tata Motors (India) owns:
Jaguar and Land Rover.

Mazda mostly independently owned (Ford has small stake)

Mitsubishi is independently owned.

Daimler AG owns: Mercedes-Benz and Smart.

Nissan owns: Infiniti. (Nissan, in turn, is owned by Renault.)

Saab is owned by National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS).

Subaru: Owned by Fuji Heavy Industries with Toyota a minority partner.

Tesla: Toyota is a minority partner. Partnership with Daimler AG.

Toyota Motor Company owns: Lexus, Scion, Daihatsu and Hino Motors, with a stake in Fuji Industries (Subaru's parent company) and Isuzu.

Volkswagen owns:
Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, and overseas-brands SEAT and Skoda.

Volvo is owned by Chinese-automaker Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, aka Geely.

Jamieyorky

Veteran
It's a big blob of nothingness, a cross between a Mazda, a Hyundai and er, summat else, I keep thinking this fat-blob fashion will end but aren't Bentley also bringing one out?

article-0-1BB172C4000005DC-477_634x369.jpg

Wish Hyundai's did look like this :laugh:

Top Bottom