Jeremy Clarkson I agree with you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jeremy Clarkson says some outlandish things. But its the only way he keeps himself in the public eye.

He recently voiced his opinion about a 4 mile cycle path that was going to cost 4 million pounds. He thought it was crazy.

Jeremy Clarkson, I agree with you.

His latest tweet is to say we should forget all about Brexit as it is just to complicated to get out of.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2019/09/05/people-stunned-agreeing-with-jeremy-clarkson/

I hope he is not going to make a habit of saying sensible things.

Drago

Legendary Member
Of course Clarkson things the cycle path was crazy. If they built it then he would no longer be able to drive his Range Rover along it to buy an espresso.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Of course Clarkson things the cycle path was crazy. If they built it then he would no longer be able to drive his Range Rover along it to buy an espresso.
Well I agreed because it meant pulling down loads of trees and paying one million pound a mile. If that figure is correct.

They build excellent segregated cyclepaths in Denmark. The councils are always asking cycling organisations for danger spots and then building cyclepaths.

They would not pay a million pound a mile.

He is a prat. But I wouldn't disagree with a valid point just for that.

Jody

Stubborn git
Its a cycle path, not a highway^_^

I thought it seemed high but had a look on google. Based on Wiltshires councils estimate a standard footpath is £265 a meter including kerbs. So £426,000 per mile. They also say "A shared use cycleway/footway will be similar to a standard footway. However it will be of greater width and will require additional signing and street lighting". London is going to be a more expensive, along with road closures, lighting changes, bolards etc so £1 million a mile although it sounds crazy is probably about right.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
We've having one 1.2 miles long at a cost of £1.14 million
Where is this?

I will try and find a km price for Denmark.

brucers

Guru
Now, I like Clarkson, but I wonder if he (and other highly paid celebs) ever consider the value of their over inflated wages in relation to the tax people pay, when employed by the BBC. The cycle path may well seem better value in comparison.

brucers

Guru
As for Brexit, I am sure some of the stunts he has been involved in across the globe have not been easy to get organised/authorized but that has not stopped him and his team.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Jeremy Clarkson says some outlandish things. But its the only way he keeps himself in the public eye.

He recently voiced his opinion about a 4 mile cycle path that was going to cost 4 million pounds. He thought it was crazy.

Jeremy Clarkson, I agree with you.

His latest tweet is to say we should forget all about Brexit as it is just to complicated to get out of.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2019/09/05/people-stunned-agreeing-with-jeremy-clarkson/

I hope he is not going to make a habit of saying sensible things.

I agree with him on Brexit but he's still a total c**t in my opinion. I've seen his rant on YT about cycling. Ageing has-been forgot to mention how much environmental damage has been done over the decades building roads for cars. I've never heard of anyone losing their home to compulsory purchase for a cycle path. He's an arrogant twat.

Top Bottom