Jeremy kyle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Not my normal viewing but just switched over to this . At first i watched a few seconds open mouthed but now cant stop laughing at these people .

Drago

Legendary Member
They're...interesting.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Its a disgrace, you've got that slime bag Kyle lording himself above people that don't know any better, an audience of sneering rubbernecks that are there only to make them feel better about themselves, Graham touching his chin thoughtfully and pretending he cares about these people. And all to make big pots of money at the expense of others and to entertain people that ought to know better.

I hate it.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I understand that they are contacted by far more people than they could possibly broadcast so they have the choice of stories likely to have the most impact. The first question they ask of those wanting to appear is 'are you on any medication'. If the answer is no, that story goes to the bottom of the pile. If yes, the next question will be 'are you on anti-depressants', if yes, that candidate moves up the list. Really appalling teeth also increases the candidate's suitability in the director's eyes.

SheilaH

If you think that laughing at special needs people is fun then go you.

r04DiE has it sussed. It's tv...it's heavily crafted. They seek out people who live chaotic lives, are pretty thick to boot, lie to them, promise to 'help' them, then wind them up hoping for a confrontation for the likes of you to laugh at. It's the 21st century equivalent of 'bring on the dancing mongols'.

Kyle and 'Graham' are beneath contempt. It's the extreme end of 'humiliation tv'.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
1.-FreakShow_LibraryofCongress.jpg

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
If you think that laughing at special needs people is fun then go you.

r04DiE has it sussed. It's tv...it's heavily crafted. They seek out people who live chaotic lives, are pretty thick to boot, lie to them, promise to 'help' them, then wind them up hoping for a confrontation for the likes of you to laugh at. It's the 21st century equivalent of 'bring on the dancing mongols'.

Kyle and 'Graham' are beneath contempt. It's the extreme end of 'humiliation tv'.
Yeah , and its not even part of my tv licence :bravo:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
People are adults, I don't really see that they are being exploited more than, say, people who play the lottery and much less than Brighthouse and similar high APR lenders.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've no issue with them being exploited. After all, a noteworthy proportion of them are happy to exploit their children as pawns, each other for one-upmanship in their silly little games, and the state for housing and income.

When exploitation, like most other things, eventually comes around, it also goes around

Apparently on the Jerry Springer show there is a huge % based on ex-marital affairs, so if you are invited onto the show for a surprise reveal type thing and you know you haven't been playing away....

Top Bottom