Jeremy kyle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Theres no dignity with torturing/tormenting people for the laugh, its sadistic really. Not surprising as most people will sell anyone down the river when faced with earning a real lot of money for doing next to nothing.
I'm not sure it's actually about money. When I was at school we were shown a tv play called Edna the Inebriate Woman, in which a down & out was infuriated at being referred to as 'a vagrant'. The point being, she had absolutely nothing - but at least she could feel that she wasn't the lowest of the low, because there were people who were vagrants, and she was not one of them. The less we have, the more desperate our need to feel superior to at least somebody. In a society where so many have so little, it's a potent seam to tap into.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Theres no dignity with torturing/tormenting people for the laugh, its sadistic really. Not surprising as most people will sell anyone down the river when faced with earning a real lot of money for doing next to nothing.
If he was sadistically tormenting people then they subjected themselves willingly so I'm afraid I don't have much sympathy. As for making money I can think of a lot worse ways.

gbb

Legendary Member
@Drago, You are making assumptions about people you have never met, save for the representation that ITV and that snake Kyle have fed you. Grow up.
But the irony is...so are you. You're just coming to a different conclusion.
Personally I can't watch it, it's car crash TV, a mix of people who don't appear to know better and whoare no doubt manipulated as said earlier, some who are prepared to consciously and deliberately make lifestyle choices that most decent people abhor...and yes, I know I've just done the same, but that's all we can do, judge according to our own biases or upbringing. We are all products to a great degree of someone else's bias, whether we realise it or not, especially many of the less fortunate people we see in that programme.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
If he was sadistically tormenting people then they subjected themselves willingly so I'm afraid I don't have much sympathy. As for making money I can think of a lot worse ways.
You think that these people subjected themselves willingly to being paraded around for others to gain amusement from? Really? You really do think that was what they did? You can't honestly entertain the idea that they might just have been manipulated in some way to appear on the television for others to mock and make fun of, and make money from?

gbb

Legendary Member
What conclusion is that then?
Don't go all defensive :smile: it's not a criticism.
Your conclusion is doubtless partially like mine I assume, these are unfortunates of society who in some cases are victims of their circumstances and parents upbringing. Equally there are some that are just morons. Impossible to separate, that's why we (society) all come to differing conclusions.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You think that these people subjected themselves willingly to being paraded around for others to gain amusement from? Really? You really do think that was what they did? You can't honestly entertain the idea that they might just have been manipulated in some way to appear on the television for others to mock and make fun of, and make money from?
Obviously they were water boarded by the CIA.

r04DiE

Impossible to separate, that's why we (society) all come to differing conclusions.
I like what you say, but I'd rather not draw my own conclusions at all. I don't think that these people should be put on the TV for people to draw their conclusions about in the first place and I am in little doubt that you'd see things the same way. :smile:

Reactions: gbb

r04DiE

Obviously they were water boarded by the CIA.
Funny. Now, really, do you think that people willingly and knowingly put themselves up for public humiliation in order for somebody else to profit over it?

Last edited:

dodgy

If you think that laughing at special needs people is fun then go you.

r04DiE has it sussed. It's tv...it's heavily crafted. They seek out people who live chaotic lives, are pretty thick to boot, lie to them, promise to 'help' them, then wind them up hoping for a confrontation for the likes of you to laugh at. It's the 21st century equivalent of 'bring on the dancing mongols'.

Kyle and 'Graham' are beneath contempt. It's the extreme end of 'humiliation tv'.

Interesting avatar.
face.jpg

Top Bottom