Jeremy kyle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I seem to remember that this individuals previous avatar had similar comedic value.

gbb

Legendary Member
That's an outdated term. What do you mean by it? Intellectual disability? Autism spectrum? Missed education?

Can you list the intellectual disabilities that you think makes it acceptable to humiliate the possessors on TV?
I see it is an outdated term when I see it in the dictionary...fair play :okay:
It's getting to the stage where you need to use a thesaurus before using some words, things are always changing.
Mind, search the word in this forum, it's use is widespread. Nevertheless, I won't deliberately offend :okay:

I see it is an outdated term when I see it in the dictionary...fair play :okay:
It's getting to the stage where you need to use a thesaurus before using some words, things are always changing.
Mind, search the word in this forum, it's use is widespread. Nevertheless, I won't deliberately offend :okay:
you have entirely missed my point. I am not offended by your language, but your sentiment.

You seem to imply that is somehow not exploitative to have "morons" on Jeremy Kyle. Moron used to mean (thank you wikipedia) someone with the intellectual age of 8-12. Do you think it is ok to have someone the mental age of 8-12 on Jeremy Kyle? If not, what did you mean by moron, and do you really think it's ok for that type of person to be exploited by ITV?

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I hate when he pretends that the polygraph - lie detector is infallible, when in fact its pseudoscience, and not even permissible in a court of law because its nothing but bullshite, I know most crack and tell the truth when confronted with the polygraph results but there are some that are accused of something which they haven't done and scumbag kyle uses the polygraph to badger and hound them out of the studio,
Kyle is a daffodil of the highest order.
If you believe a polygraph is accurate then it probably will deliver an accurate result. If you don't believe it then you're pretty stupid to play along with the process.

AndyRM

XOXO
Most have been on the show. ^_^

I have. As a guest/concerned friend of a pal who was getting himself into all sorts of bother in various relationships. It's manipulative, exploitative and frankly disturbing television. There was a point where a producer took me aside and asked if I wouldn't like to "confront my pal with some home truths" or some other euphemism.

gbb

Legendary Member
you have entirely missed my point. I am not offended by your language, but your sentiment.

You seem to imply that is somehow not exploitative to have "morons" on Jeremy Kyle. Moron used to mean (thank you wikipedia) someone with the intellectual age of 8-12. Do you think it is ok to have someone the mental age of 8-12 on Jeremy Kyle? If not, what did you mean by moron, and do you really think it's ok for that type of person to be exploited by ITV?
While accepting the word, without my realising, has fallen from grace, you are assuming my sentiment is to presume the participants are lacking in intelligence because of mental impairment etc.... not so I can assure you. The rest of my posts indicate that the participants deserve some empathy because as I said(not literally) ...some people are the product of others rearing and therefor victims themselves of that.
Moron...equally described in dictionaries as...
Informal. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment:

I'm sure you meant the same as me when YOU USED the term as follows...
Yahoo's security people are morons. I had several accounts with them, and didn't answer the security questions (or just put in a random sequence of letters) so I wouldn't create a back door to my accounts, as I was not going to lose the passwords. So later on I tried to get back into my account. If I had lost the password, I could have used the security question to reset the passwor. However, even though I still had my password it wouldn't let me back into the account until I answered the security question. So I couldn't log back into the account despite having the password, but (assuming I had answered the security question honestly) an acquaintance could as long as they knew where I went on my honeymoon - and most people post that on facebook these days.

gbb

Legendary Member
View attachment 348016
The shite on the right. HTH.
NOOOOO!!!!!!! I want to preserve my innocence.

Though thinking about it, that photo does not tell me anything. I haven't watch enough of Kyle to know who that is. The fact that there exists in the UK a bald, late middle-aged man in glasses called Graham does not affect my ignorance of JK* universe.

*JK - Rowling or Kyle. I am ignorant of both.

I'm sure you meant the same as me when YOU USED the term as follows...
What part of " I am not offended by your language" did you not understand? I would happily replace "moron" with "people of an intellectual age of 8-12" in the quote you provided, because that is equally descriptive of the intellectual capacity of the security team at yahoo.

If you had said "morons should not be exploited by Jeremy Kyle", you would not have heard a peep out of me. Morons by my definition should not be exploited on day time TV, nor as security consultants at yahoo.

But my reading of what you wrote was "unfortunates of society who in some cases are victims of their circumstances and parents upbringing" should not be exploited by Jeremy Kyle, but people who are "just morons" can be. I still don't know what you mean by that. Do you think it's ok for people with the intellectual capacity of a 12 year old to be exploited by Jeremy Kyle? If not, whom?

Informal. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment:

So what does that actually mean? Are they stupid because of physical disability? Is that their fault? Or because of a poor education? Either way, does this mean it's ok to put them on TV to entertain the ill-informed and the smug?

gbb

Legendary Member
What part of " I am not offended by your language" did you not understand? I would happily replace "moron" with "people of an intellectual age of 8-12" in the quote you provided, because that is equally descriptive of the intellectual capacity of the security team at yahoo.

If you had said "morons should not be exploited by Jeremy Kyle", you would not have heard a peep out of me. Morons by my definition should not be exploited on day time TV, nor as security consultants at yahoo.

But my reading of what you wrote was "unfortunates of society who in some cases are victims of their circumstances and parents upbringing" should not be exploited by Jeremy Kyle, but people who are "just morons" can be. I still don't know what you mean by that. Do you think it's ok for people with the intellectual capacity of a 12 year old to be exploited by Jeremy Kyle? If not, whom?

So what does that actually mean? Are they stupid because of physical disability? Is that their fault? Or because of a poor education? Either way, does this mean it's ok to put them on TV to entertain the ill-informed and the smug?
Give over :okay:.
My interpretation of moron is, I assume, the same interpretation you used when you wrote the same word. Example, a stupid person.
NOT someone who suffers from mental illness.

Your assumption of my sentiment is wrong. :okay:

Top Bottom