Jeremy kyle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
People are adults, I don't really see that they are being exploited more than, say, people who play the lottery and much less than Brighthouse and similar high APR lenders.
But do you think that exploitation in all these areas is the right thing to do to people that are vulnerable to that type of thing? Please take extra note of the words vulnerable and exploitation.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Most of them aren't vulnerable. They've made their lifestyle choice.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Ive never watched it, but i know plenty of people who do. I understand the programme deliberately sets out to be notorious, outrageous, and to make people angry and that is exactly what it achieves. After all, it is being discussed here for that very reason. So result.

The people who go on the show really do set themselves up for a mighty fall, and the audience see themselves as some kind of righteous avenging angels who can look down on the plebs with a smug look on their faces. Do i feel sorry for the numpties who go on the show? Nope. As for the audience who get angry and become nearly apoplectic with rage, that could be quite funny to see i should imagine, but in the end, watching the same old, same old would become very boring indeed.

You may not like it, but apparently plenty do, thats why it is still going strong. If no one watched the programme, then they wouldn't keep making them.

So. Shall i watch it or not? Mmmm i think not. That's what the on/off button is for.

Wrong analogy

Barnum-And-Bailey-Circus-font-b-Freak-b-font-font-b-Show-b-font-Vintage-History.jpg

keithmac

Guru
Never felt the need to watch it, along with Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity, Eastenders etc.

It's just mind numbing dross, no value to it at all and a waste of precious time that could be spent elsewhere; all my opinion of course!.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
If you think that laughing at special needs people is fun then go you.

r04DiE has it sussed. It's tv...it's heavily crafted. They seek out people who live chaotic lives, are pretty thick to boot, lie to them, promise to 'help' them, then wind them up hoping for a confrontation for the likes of you to laugh at. It's the 21st century equivalent of 'bring on the dancing mongols'.

Kyle and 'Graham' are beneath contempt. It's the extreme end of 'humiliation tv'.
Nice avatar.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
It seems to me that whenever I have watched it, the show relies on people revealing their relationship problems, usually involving their promiscuity, doubtful parentage, or violent or thieving tendencies. Those issues are prevalent at all levels of social class (Google Kyle himself and it seems he could be a posher participant on his own show if he wanted), it's just that the ones who are prepared to hang such dirty washing out on national TV tend to come from the poorer end of society and be less well educated and less socially aware, or interested in what others think about them. I have seen a lot of "Jeremy Kyle Show behaviour" out there off screen in real life, so I am not so sure all of the show's participants would consider themselves to be getting exploited, as many would see their own lifestyles as the norm.

However, I do think the aim of the show is to use / exploit their characteristics for a bit of sensational / outrageous TV, which is what it does, and not to be a caring helpful process as it seeks to purport. I don't think JK and ITV give a toss about the participants; an obvious consequence of the show is that people from a more stable environment will shake their heads, mock them and consider them some type of low life or underclass. I can't stand Jeremy Kyle, who does he think he is? He comes across as a pompous, self-righteous, preaching jerk. His provocative, shouting style would get most people's backs up; if he spoke to me like that I would certainly feel like telling him to eff off, and am not surprised he has been lunged at occasionally. Actually he is a bit of a s***h***e because he has to have those big burly minders to hide behind when he does so. I'd rather read a good book, watch sport or ride my bike than watch that.

Top Bottom