Jersey sizing and stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I really like them and I'd spotted them before. I guess I wasn't too sure about Merino wool. I had an old wool jersey some time ago and I didn't really like it, especially when wet. I think I decided I'd need to see one in the flesh and the whole online ordering thing would again be an arse but I was tempted. Forgot to mention them in the thread opener.
It's not pure wool - it's a wool blend similar to Shutt VR's - quicker drying than straight merino, 'shinier', and not at all scratchy. The finishing and detailing is superior to Shutt's.

The Large Gore Thermo didn't fit, the medium probably would

Ive just bought a Gore Windstopper Gillet XL that just fits - and im not exactly huge - was thinking of XXL for a long sleeved warm top - are you saying that the one you got came out oversized in a large

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Ive just bought a Gore Windstopper Gillet XL that just fits - and im not exactly huge - was thinking of XXL for a long sleeved warm top - are you saying that the one you got came out oversized in a large
No. I think the description on the website was accurate on the sizing. I gambled it might not be and lost. As Vickster said, it was relatively long in the arms and relatively wide in the shoulders so it would suit someone more triangular than parallellogram. They do three different fits and the one I got was the comfort fit.

Planet X had some really odd sizes

I have an 'On-One White Rose jersey, & a medium flaps about like a flag in a force 5 (& fits me like a bin-liner)

Selfies. 3.JPG
Conversely I have one of their 'winter jerseys' (warm enough to wear as a jacket) & a large is tighter than my small Giordana clothing
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXCOLSJ/planet-x-365-long-sleeve-roubaix-jersey

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
No. I think the description on the website was accurate on the sizing. I gambled it might not be and lost. As Vickster said, it was relatively long in the arms and relatively wide in the shoulders so it would suit someone more triangular than parallellogram. They do three different fits and the one I got was the comfort fit.
I have the same problem sometimes where it's the cut rather than the overall size that buggers it up. I'm fairly triangular, so straight-up-and-down jersies don't work. My biggest problem though is with gloves as the fingers tend to be too long. For S and Gs last month I tried on a pair of XL Liv gloves. They fitted perfectly but were very pink and flowery.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

DHB stuff arrived today. The large fits in most ways. Too long in the arms but good in body and shoulders. Reasonable quality, so I'll probably stick with it. I'm so used to the baggy ill fitting Aldi stuff that I can't quite judge how it feels until I use it. Feels very warm, so I might have to go down to two layers.

JzG87iTO5YHEsxmehBSPPaNkqtYH5Q7tDYILE98pp7VT5vN7q4dZdfDe5s3dgfd-eMazpZLS_HjZO94V5tDzWNAszyt5ROzA.jpg

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
DHB stuff arrived today. The large fits in most ways. Too long in the arms but good in body and shoulders. Reasonable quality, so I'll probably stick with it. I'm so used to the baggy ill fitting Aldi stuff that I can't quite judge how it feels until I use it. Feels very warm, so I might have to go down to two layers.

View attachment 335628
Looks good. Stylish, but not wannabe Rapha. One question though - does it have rear pockets? It's difficult to tell from the pic. I'm all about zips and pockets.

I've wondered about the wiggle stuff but never hit the buy button. I'm not precious; I've got stuff all the way from Aldi to Assos, but I've always found a reason to buy something else (usually Mrs Dr Bollo stuffing a ton in my moobs and saying "buy yourself something nice").

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Looks good. Stylish, but not wannabe Rapha. One question though - does it have rear pockets? It's difficult to tell from the pic. I'm all about zips and pockets.

I've wondered about the wiggle stuff but never hit the buy button. I'm not precious; I've got stuff all the way from Aldi to Assos, but I've always found a reason to buy something else (usually Mrs Dr Bollo stuffing a ton in my moobs and saying "buy yourself something nice").
Three vertical rear and one sideways zipped. Narrowish pockets and deeper than other jerseys I've had. Reflective patch on the middle pocket, full length zip on the front.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Oh yeah. Now I've used it for a bit I should say the pockets are a pain. Bit too high to comfortably reach and tight so anything other than flat feels like someone is shoving a stick in your back. And the reason I was re-visiting this thread was to remind myself of the recommendations whilst I look for a summer jersey. Probably not DHB for the pocket reason.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Are you sure you don't want to reconsider that answer? :whistle: (Remember that I have met you, Porky Crax...)
Yes; and next time we met you're gonna get a McSmacko, if my arms will reach, you walking runner bean you.

In other news; I haven't found a summer jersey yet.

Top Bottom