Jigsaws

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Well I've finished it.
Took me forever.
View attachment 584290

The quarter scale image on the box was little help, especially as the shading was far darker than in the puzzle, so a lot of detail was hidden. Identification was hard so when I found a place name I started resorting to Google to tell me where it was. Far easier than peering through a magnifying glass.
When I was about 75% through I sorted pieces into piles of similar shapes - 3 holes and one out, 3 outs and one hole etc. Then I just worked through the spaces.
I never thought of giving up, but I do have a fetish for maps, but this wasn't really pleasurable to do. Just a long slog. I won't be repeating it. Anyone want it for the price of postage?
Pretty much my experience doing that one! I used a flip magnification lens over my reading glasses for the smaller detail. The box mine came in though was a cylinder that was the same scale but only showed about 1/3rd of the complete map.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A nice 1000 piece panoramic

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A few recents.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Talk me through this and humour me.
It is sat on a heavy coffee table.
I cover it with cling film so it wont fall apart. Good idea that, thanks.
Do I then upturn it onto the floor?
How do I then glue it to the board?
Leave it on the table and paint it with mod pod off ebay or amzon. Mod pod is a hard setting clear craft paste. Give it a couple of coats and you can pick it up and frame it.

The jigsaws taken from a different perspective are called Wasjigs.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Leave it on the table and paint it with mod pod off ebay or amzon. Mod pod is a hard setting clear craft paste. Give it a couple of coats and you can pick it up and frame it.
Not sure if I posted this but followed this in principle and it worked very well.
I slid a board under it (to protect the table), applied 2 coats of craft glue/paste.
When solid I turned it over, applied some 'dollops' of glue and stuck the lightweight backing board (trimmed slightly smaller than the jigsaw) and hey presto.....it was ready to hang.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Are scented jigsaws a new thing, or have I just not seen them before?

Top Bottom