John Higgins the snooker player!!! Bye bye son. Your careers dead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I'm no fan of the NoW but I can't imagine they just sit there twiddling there thumbs and sticking a pin in a list of individuals/bodies they can set up. I would imagine that they act on inside tips.

Noodley

Greed or Fear of Life?

If the former then he should be banned.
If the latter then I reckon he should have highlighted it to someone...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Unfortunately, snooker has a fair bit of history when it comes to match fixing. There is already a police investigation looking at other players and Higgins would not be the first to suffer penalties for accepting payment to throw matches.

stephec

Legendary Member
Smokin Joe said:
Unfortunately, snooker has a fair bit of history when it comes to match fixing. There is already a police investigation looking at other players and Higgins would not be the first to suffer penalties for accepting payment to throw matches.

Snooker's not the only sport, what about horse racing?

Bruce Grobbelar, or Hanse Crojne? (not sure about either spelling there)

I've just read about it on the BBC website, it seems that his manager has already come out with the 'in fears of our lives,' angle. :sad:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

rich p said:
He didn't look too scared in the video did he?:sad:

He looked more relaxed than he does when he's having a pint after practising in his club in Glasgow.

I really thought they would have went with the we were set up angle, it was edited to make him look bad, we were discussing an exhibition match with Putin and he likes to win and how you make sure he won and how would John would be paid as we are just like everyone else and trying not to pay tax etc etc....

But no. They went with the we were scared for our lifes :sad: so sat about casually discussing how they would hide the 300 euros, laughing, shaking hands and drinking vodka :laugh:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
rich p said:
He didn't look too scared in the video did he?:sad:
He looked pretty happy to me :sad:

And whatever anyone thinks about the NoW setting him up, I doubt if their undercover reporters had made death threats against him brfore offering the bribe.

Looks pretty bang to rights.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Not looking good for him. Manager has already resigned from snookers governing body and Barry Hearn's not mucked about. Suspended Higgins already. Love folk whole make swift decisive decisions. Not one for faffing about me.

stephec

Legendary Member
Now on a more positive note for Scottish snooker -

michaelatabb2.jpg

Mmmm, isn't she lovely. :bicycle:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Losing a frame in snooker could seriously affect the outcome of the match but Lance openly gifting a stage meant nothing to him winning the yellow jersey. There are many other differences too but I'm too lazy to go into them.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
rich p said:
Losing a frame in snooker could seriously affect the outcome of the match but Lance openly gifting a stage meant nothing to him winning the yellow jersey. There are many other differences too but I'm too lazy to go into them.

Time and motion: it doesn't matter, so you're not wasting your time looking. :bicycle:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
ComedyPilot said:
Time and motion: it doesn't matter, so you're not wasting your time looking. :bicycle:

Mrs rich p has been away in Germany for 4 days so I'm slobbing around with the laptop, watching sport on telly and waiting till it's time for me to go round to friends house who has invited me to dinner. It's all good!

Top Bottom